Super Contributor

Re: Problem With Ebay Return

I probably wouldn't be so upset if he hadn't accepted the return and I hadn't already put it in the mail when I get the message that he is not going to accept it. He has messaged me that he will refuse the return. So, all of this could have been avoided if he had only refused to accept the return in the first place.  Now I just hope that it does get back to me without any further problems.  

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Super Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I understand your grief.  I would doubt very much even if your jeweler made a house visit to this seller if you could get any help.  I once trusted everyone, now I can only say I have chosen only a few places that I can buy from.  QVC is one of them as is another shopping channel (South one).  I buy from catalogues where I get good help and customer service and stand by their products. But it is a learning curve.. A nd only after WE are mistreated. ignored, taken do we finally just be more careful.  I could go on and on because I have been the victim as well--- the latest fun and games was just a week ago.  Amazon would have helped you... but EBAY not so anymore in my  honest opinion.

I have learned a lesson from this experience. I will not be making any more major pruchases from Ebay. If I did purchase from them, it would have to be something so inexpensive that I wouldn't care if I lost anything on it.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

I probably wouldn't be so upset if he hadn't accepted the return and I hadn't already put it in the mail when I get the message that he is not going to accept it. He has messaged me that he will refuse the return. So, all of this could have been avoided if he had only refused to accept the return in the first place.  Now I just hope that it does get back to me without any further problems.  

@moon_gazer....I purchased earrings on eBay that were supposed to be 18k gold ...turned out to be base metal. 4 months had gone by but I notified American Express, sent them verification and they refunded me, not the seller, eBay or Paypal. Try your credit card ..you will need a note from a jeweler though documenting the purchase was not as described.

Valued Contributor

@moon_gazer  If the item was sold as "new", it doesn't matter that the seller stipulales that items be returned in original condition, Ebay's return policy is that you must return it in original condition. You took the tag off and wore it, so it's not in original condition.

As for the ring not being as described, you may have a difficult time with it, bcz you took the tag off and wore it. They could technically argue that you took it to a jeweler and had the stones replaced with lesser quality ones. Ther is a lot of this type of thing going on at Ebay, along with people "renting" items, then returning them to the seller used. I'm not saying this is your case, just trying to explain why Ebay is more strict these days...they lost many sellers bcz of their previous policies which allowed this behavior.

Probably your only recourse is through Paypal..they have a policy that you have to receive the items that you paid for (ie: stones that were higher quality) or get your $$ back. If you didn't use Paypal, most credit cards offer the same protections.

Super Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

@moon_gazer....I purchased earrings on eBay that were supposed to be 18k gold ...turned out to be base metal. 4 months had gone by but I notified American Express, sent them verification and they refunded me, not the seller, eBay or Paypal. Try your credit card ..you will need a note from a jeweler though documenting the purchase was not as described.

I agree.

Try contacting your credit card company @moon_gazer.