Esteemed Contributor

Probably discussed, but what's with the GIANT videos for every product?

Holy smokes. I opened up a product and it automatically loaded a HUGE video along with HUGE text.

Is this new and permanent or have I stumbled into some beta-world?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: Probably discussed, but what's with the GIANT videos for every product?

Hi @gardensla

There's a thread in the Suggestion Box (called "video as default image") about this awful feature.

Not to mention the other awful new feature that if you click on a color, it brings up a small image that actually hides the name of the color!  It's hard to imagine that the creators of these things actually shop on websites.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

The video is annoying.

I don't know why they change so many things.  It's not an "improvement"

Honored Contributor

This format seems to keep coming and going. It was the default a few weeks back and then, for me anyway, it reverted back to the usual web pages. Now, it's this mess again. If they think it's an improvement, it isn't. I also don't like that the product pages are now nothing but a lot of verbiage, almost like an on-line version of the host's sales pitch... To get to the specifics, you often have to 'see more' and then sometimes it's still not there. To make matters worse, sometimes, even after viewing a seemingly endless video, product details are still incomplete. Given the 'try-on' fee (aka, two way shipping), this, of course, means I don't take the chance. You know really, why can't they ever just get it right?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I agree it's a mess!!!  The default video is a disaster.  They need to bring in the "tweaking" squad!!

Frequent Contributor

Agree!  Appears the "Decision Makers" at QVC have no clue of how this new  (annoying/stupid) format actually works for Real Users.

New format is slow to load and is not logical.  User has to "put up with" the slow-loading video before the user can see the pictures and observe color choices.

We  -- the loyal users  -- have provided Free Feedback on how this "new" poorly planned and executed format works.   Perhaps next time we should charge-a-fee as Highly Paid Consultants.  Thank You

Regular Contributor

I absolutely agree.  This new video format is ruining my online QVC shopping experience.  Regardless of how many times you uncheck the video box, the video pops up on every product when the page opens.  I very seldom ever watch QVC on television as I find the hosts and their sales tactics quite annoying.  If I want anything, I go online to read about the product and then decided on my purchase.  Looks like now I'll be doing more shopping elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

I was recently interested in a Ripka watch. Nowhere on the product page did it explain what wrist sizes "small, medium or large" translate to. I "read more" and still there was nothing. I endured a full 14 minute video of Jill futzing over Judith's communication device and still nothing... At the very end of the video she announced it was available in three sizes. That was it. Needless to say, I didn't jump right on that one. If it went flying out that freakin' door of theirs, it didn't fly to my house.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see the Q's web presence continues to be a huge annoyance... A number of folks have commented on it and don't seem to like it either. Once I turn off the default to video it stays off for the duration of my 'visits', which recently have been quite brief... But it does turn itself back on when you return after logging off. Again, this is SO not an improvement. Even if you turn the 'automatically play video' feature off, it takes a good bit longer for pictures to load. If they want to drive people away from the website, they're doing a good job. They've already done a fabulous job of driving some viewers away from the programming with the boring, repetitive on-air product mix and frenzied hosts.