Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I will stay here as I like the moderators.

Me too.

Honored Contributor

Nope. Not a scam. It's a legitimate forum. And I'm very careful about that stuff.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather be here to TBO. I joined PB when this place shut down, posted a couple of times there and then I deactivated my membership...?...I thought. I want to delete my account on PB, too. If anyone here knows how please show me how to do that. TIA.

@SilleeMee 

Profile>Edit Profile>Settings

Scroll to the bottom of that page to "Delete Forum Account".

Thanks @geezerette 

I thought I did that but some posters here, who also post over there, say they can still see me over there...?

@SilleeMee 

Yes, I can still see your name there.  I think you have 5 posts from sometime in October.

Perhaps you didn't click "Save Changes"?  I don't know if you need to do that when deleting your account.  Others have deleted their accounts.

(However, your posts will remain.)

@geezerette 

I just went to PB and tried to login but it didn't let me in so I did indeed delete my account when I thought I did.  Thanks for your help.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

It's not a scam site.

The McAfee pop up is a scam.  ProBoards is said to be looking into it.  

It's the same people from here.  Obviously, people need to do what they feel comfortable with.  There's a lot of misinformation going back and forth between here and there.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The McAfee pop up is fake, but the ProBoards group is legit.  The admins have done a lot to get a site up and running very well, in a very short time. Making false accusations isn't very kind.

I'm not sure people are consciously making false accusations.  Many don't realize it's not a legitimate warning from McAfee.

And of those that do realize it's a scam, many just don't feel comfortable being there with something like that happening.

Honored Contributor

No I haven't experienced this and have used it fairly often.

When you say "scam" site, what makes it a scam?  I have only given my email (throw away) address and maybe my name and birth date.  Of course you don't have to give your real name and dob.  I have not given out any financial information....that's what usually makes something a scam.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather be here to TBO. I joined PB when this place shut down, posted a couple of times there and then I deactivated my membership...?...I thought. I want to delete my account on PB, too. If anyone here knows how please show me how to do that. TIA.

@SilleeMee 

Profile>Edit Profile>Settings

Scroll to the bottom of that page to "Delete Forum Account".

Thanks @geezerette 

I thought I did that but some posters here, who also post over there, say they can still see me over there...?

@SilleeMee 

Yes, I can still see your name there.  I think you have 5 posts from sometime in October.

Perhaps you didn't click "Save Changes"?  I don't know if you need to do that when deleting your account.  Others have deleted their accounts.

(However, your posts will remain.)

@geezerette 

I just went to PB and tried to login but it didn't let me in so I did indeed delete my account when I thought I did.  Thanks for your help.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee 

It's odd that your member profile is still showing then.

Many there have asked about you.  I'll mention that you deleted your account, if you'd like.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

Then instead of panicking and spreading nonsense, you would do well to contact McAfee directly where you would find that the warning did not come from them. In fact, McAfee has been proactive in disclosing these pop ups are fake and warned not to click on them. Try googling before unfairly  casting aspersions on Proboard.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Uh, why would my PB profile still be showing if I deleted it? I can't even login now to get rid of it.  Yes, please mention that I'm no longer a member over there if you could. I would appreciate that very much. Thank you for offering your help with this. I don't know what else I can do otherwise.

Honored Contributor

The Pro Board Q bb is soooo much better than here. You are able to talk about the news without our hands getting slapped for it being "too political". I'm too old to be treated like a child being scolded. 

"Pure Michigan"