Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,543
Registered: ‎07-02-2015

Re: Pro boards a scam site?

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo

 

 As for  judging what information is "disparaging or incorrect", I lean toward trusting the warning from  McAfee Internet Security.  They've done more research on scam sites than I have.

 

I pay them good money to subscribe to the service and provide  some protection.

Super Contributor
Posts: 350
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@novamc1  I understand your postition.  To each their own.  Absolutely, no problem.  Enjoy your day!! 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,394
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

@novamc1 wrote:

@RooRoo

 

 As for  judging what information is "disparaging or incorrect", I lean toward trusting the warning from  McAfee Internet Security.  They've done more research on scam sites than I have.

 

I pay them good money to subscribe to the service and provide  some protection.


It is NOT McAfee!! It is a PHONY pop up alert!! Do not click on it. 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,183
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@novamc1  My McAfee alerted me as well.  I am on the proboards 2x a day and most of the time I don't get that alert.  I'm wondering if there is an issue with McAfee?  I am not sure what to think...

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,444
Registered: ‎10-01-2010

I have no interest in signing onto another board. I like this one and the posters here.  But if it closes I'm done.  Might be a good thing ,actually, more time to read my books and play with my dog during my downtime. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,543
Registered: ‎07-02-2015

Re: Pro boards a scam site?

[ Edited ]

I didn't click on the  McAfee pop-up.  It appeared immediately after i logged into the site. I clicked out of the screen immediately after it popped up.

 

I suspect maybe hackers are collecting personal  log-in data and keeping it for reasons I wouldn't approve of.    Maybe the McAfee warning is legitimate.  

 

Nevertheless, I'm staying away from the site altogether.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,021
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather be here to TBO. I joined PB when this place shut down, posted a couple of times there and then I deactivated my membership...?...I thought. I want to delete my account on PB, too. If anyone here knows how please show me how to do that. TIA.


@SilleeMee 

 

Profile>Edit Profile>Settings

 

Scroll to the bottom of that page to "Delete Forum Account".

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,338
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather be here to TBO. I joined PB when this place shut down, posted a couple of times there and then I deactivated my membership...?...I thought. I want to delete my account on PB, too. If anyone here knows how please show me how to do that. TIA.


@SilleeMee 

 

Profile>Edit Profile>Settings

 

Scroll to the bottom of that page to "Delete Forum Account".


 

 

Thanks @geezerette 

I thought I did that but some posters here, who also post over there, say they can still see me over there...?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,021
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@SilleeMee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather be here to TBO. I joined PB when this place shut down, posted a couple of times there and then I deactivated my membership...?...I thought. I want to delete my account on PB, too. If anyone here knows how please show me how to do that. TIA.


@SilleeMee 

 

Profile>Edit Profile>Settings

 

Scroll to the bottom of that page to "Delete Forum Account".


 

 

Thanks @geezerette 

I thought I did that but some posters here, who also post over there, say they can still see me over there...?


@SilleeMee 

 

Yes, I can still see your name there.  I think you have 5 posts from sometime in October.


Perhaps you didn't click "Save Changes"?  I don't know if you need to do that when deleting your account.  Others have deleted their accounts.

 

(However, your posts will remain.)

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,023
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

The McAfee pop up is fake, but the ProBoards group is legit.  The admins have done a lot to get a site up and running very well, in a very short time. Making false accusations isn't very kind.