Respected Contributor

Re: Pro boards a scam site?

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo

As for  judging what information is "disparaging or incorrect", I lean toward trusting the warning from  McAfee Internet Security.  They've done more research on scam sites than I have.

I pay them good money to subscribe to the service and provide  some protection.

Super Contributor

@novamc1  I understand your postition.  To each their own.  Absolutely, no problem.  Enjoy your day!! 

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@RooRoo

As for  judging what information is "disparaging or incorrect", I lean toward trusting the warning from  McAfee Internet Security.  They've done more research on scam sites than I have.

I pay them good money to subscribe to the service and provide  some protection.

It is NOT McAfee!! It is a PHONY pop up alert!! Do not click on it. 

Respected Contributor

@novamc1  My McAfee alerted me as well.  I am on the proboards 2x a day and most of the time I don't get that alert.  I'm wondering if there is an issue with McAfee?  I am not sure what to think...

Esteemed Contributor

I have no interest in signing onto another board. I like this one and the posters here.  But if it closes I'm done.  Might be a good thing ,actually, more time to read my books and play with my dog during my downtime. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Re: Pro boards a scam site?

[ Edited ]

I didn't click on the  McAfee pop-up.  It appeared immediately after i logged into the site. I clicked out of the screen immediately after it popped up.

I suspect maybe hackers are collecting personal  log-in data and keeping it for reasons I wouldn't approve of.    Maybe the McAfee warning is legitimate.  

Nevertheless, I'm staying away from the site altogether.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather be here to TBO. I joined PB when this place shut down, posted a couple of times there and then I deactivated my membership...?...I thought. I want to delete my account on PB, too. If anyone here knows how please show me how to do that. TIA.

@SilleeMee 

Profile>Edit Profile>Settings

Scroll to the bottom of that page to "Delete Forum Account".

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'd rather be here to TBO. I joined PB when this place shut down, posted a couple of times there and then I deactivated my membership...?...I thought. I want to delete my account on PB, too. If anyone here knows how please show me how to do that. TIA.

@SilleeMee 

Thanks @geezerette 

I thought I did that but some posters here, who also post over there, say they can still see me over there...?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thanks @geezerette 

I thought I did that but some posters here, who also post over there, say they can still see me over there...?

@SilleeMee 

Yes, I can still see your name there.  I think you have 5 posts from sometime in October.

Perhaps you didn't click "Save Changes"?  I don't know if you need to do that when deleting your account.  Others have deleted their accounts.

(However, your posts will remain.)

Honored Contributor

The McAfee pop up is fake, but the ProBoards group is legit.  The admins have done a lot to get a site up and running very well, in a very short time. Making false accusations isn't very kind.