Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pro Golfer Jon Rahm Tests Positive for Covid at Nationwide Memorial Tournament

@ID2 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

He was leading in the final round when he got the news. Rahm is fully vaccinated but came in contact with a person who tested positive. He withdrew from the tournament.

@PickyPicky3 

Why is this even news?? Woman Frustrated

@PickyPicky3 

Because it fits the anti-vaccine narrative  and agenda.

"See?! I told you that the vaccine wasn't 100% effective, and you could still get sick!!!!".

They'll point to this as an example of why not to get vaccinated.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pro Golfer Jon Rahm Tests Positive for Covid at Nationwide Memorial Tournament

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

He was leading in the final round when he got the news. Rahm is fully vaccinated but came in contact with a person who tested positive. He withdrew from the tournament.

@PickyPicky3 

Why is this even news?? Woman Frustrated

@PickyPicky3 

Because it fits the anti-vaccine narrative  and agenda.

"See?! I told you that the vaccine wasn't 100% effective, and you could still get sick!!!!".

They'll point to this as an example of why not to get vaccinated.

My take is the the story is about a man at the top if the leader board had to withdraw.   

Guess some are having trouble realizing people are moving on and have to keep trying to start arguments.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

He shot 64 today (par 72) and had a SIX shot lead on the field heading into the final round tomorrow. He was on track to win $1.674 million for finishing first.

The worst part about this is the incredibly tacky way that he found out about it - on LIVE TV. He was in tears. Shame on CBS. 

@FrostyBabe1 Shame on CBS!  I say it often now.

Honored Contributor

There's a very high chance that this was a false positive also and he truly doesn't have Covid. We've seen many, many false-positive test results. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Be clear: I posted this as a SPORTS story, not a COVID story. If Jon Rahm got hit in the head by a falling piece of space junk on live TV when he was leading in a big tournament and had to be removed, I would have posted it. Then the background details would be about overcrowded earth orbits instead of the virus. 

If Rahm was served with unexpected divorce papers on live TV when he was leading in a big tournament and he became so upset he had to withdraw, I would have posted it. The background would be why the wife would choose such an outrageous strategy.

Please accept that I simply found it interesting. If people don't find it interesting, that's OK too. 

Regular Contributor

I haven't been able to read anywhere that he was fully vaccinated. What is your souce?

Respected Contributor

@lovethgedress wrote:

I haven't been able to read anywhere that he was fully vaccinated. What is your souce?

One of the tournament commentators said it while explaining the PGA knew about Rahm's exposure.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@lovethgedress wrote:

One of the tournament commentators said it while explaining the PGA knew about Rahm's exposure.

I heard it said as well.  

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

https://golf.com/news/jon-rahm-withdraws-lead-covid-questions-and-answers/

Is Rahm vaccinated?

The Tour declined to say, and his statement he posted to Twitter also did not say.

“I can’t speak to Jon’s vaccination status,” Levinson said. “That’s an individual situation.”

However, Levinson said that Rahm was still part of the Tour’s testing program. Levinson was then asked if Rahm were vaccinated, would he had to have tested every day like he did.

“Not necessarily,” Levinson said. “If someone had been fully vaccinated, and fully vaccinated under our protocol is, and it’s defined by the CDC, is 14 days past the full cycle of a vaccination. They do not have to test as a result of being a close contact.”

Later in the interview on Saturday night, Levinson was asked if a player had gone through the vaccination cycle, would they have to go through contract-tracing testing. No, he said, then added: “Unless — I’m sorry, unless they develop symptoms. I should reiterate that.”

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

Your original post said "in the final round". Not being familiar with golf terminology, I assumed, that like, "in a hockey game", to mean he was actually playing on the Course at the time he was removed.

If so, do they test the players, and then let them play until the latest test result arrives?  

Glad to hear you are like me in this respect. I don't "dance around the roses", I say exactly what I mean, and in words most people do not need a dictionary on hand to understand what is said. Yea, something in common, maybe? But we differ in you saying "you are far, far too lazy", we do differ greatly in that regard.

hckynut(john) 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)