Honored Contributor

Priyanka Chopra Not Happy with Social Media

Apparently a reality show she had planned with Julianne Hough and Usher was canceled before it aired, and she thinks social media is the problem. The CBS show had planned to have activists competing against each other for their causes. People weren't sure the three were qualified to be judges for this, and CBS is "reformatting" the program.

Here is part of what she said about social media:

, "It's a very vulnerable feeling, actually, that if I post a picture, everything that’s behind me in that picture is going to be zoomed in on, and people are going to speculate."

It's just a professional hazard…. Because of the noise of social media, because of the prevalence that it has in our lives, I think it seems a lot larger than it is. I think that we give it a lot more credence in real life, and I don’t think it needs that."

I understand celebrities want their privacy, and they deserve it. But WHY do they constantly post selfies, many times scantily clad? If you are a celebrity hungry for publicity and exposure, you shouldn't complain about "the Internet" commenting on it!  The "best" pictures are ones they post on vacation somewhere tropical. I guess we're supposed to think we can aspire to be them. LOL!   Smiley Wink

Priyanka's husband Nick Jonas supports her. She has decided to drop "Jonas" from her name in some circumstances. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Priyanka Chopra Not Happy with Social Media

Imagine!  Social Media causing an issue.  

Honored Contributor

Social media rules the world whether or not any one person agrees with it or not. Social media is the way of the world today and its undeniably very powerful.

Honored Contributor

People are bullies on social media. I know celebs aren’t popular around here but just because someone is in the public eye doesn’t mean they deserve to have every aspect of their lives ripped apart by a bunch of yahoos who don’t know them. And not all celebs use social media like the Kardashians, so it’s incorrect to say they are “all the same.”
Honored Contributor

Our lives have changed....Social Media is determining policies with far reaching consequences.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't really understand why famous people care about the negative things said in social media....or in tabloids. If they're confident and grounded, it should not be a big deal. If you are really that thin skinned, then a career in the public eye just isn't for you.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom - That quote is something she posted because "social media' pundits are questioning whether her marriage is over.

All because she dropped the "Jonas" from her account name.  She (and Nick) were addressing that.  And she's right - every single thing any celebrity does is scrutinized to the nth degree, often drawing completely false conclusions.

And once the rumors start they spread like wildfire.

Even celebrities have a right to some basic privacy, but many seem to have forgotten that they're human, too.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of this person, nor do I care what she is happy or not happy with.  Im not a fan of reality shows either.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
People are bullies on social media. I know celebs aren’t popular around here but just because someone is in the public eye doesn’t mean they deserve to have every aspect of their lives ripped apart by a bunch of yahoos who don’t know them. And not all celebs use social media like the Kardashians, so it’s incorrect to say they are “all the same.”

@bikerbabe 

Oh the irony...

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Our lives have changed....Social Media is determining policies with far reaching consequences.  

@phoenixbrd "Social Media" has been around forever.  It's just the name that has changed.  

It used to be known as "propaganda" but that name is out of fashion now.  But it's the same thing.  Different delivery sources, but the same thing.