Honored Contributor

I like both animal and tropical prints. I have one of her dresses in a tropical print and like it just fine.  But, for me, one of her dresses is enough just because they all kinda seem the same.  I don't like the "Magic" waist seam in the back.  Looks kinda strange and cheap.  Now, if it had a seam underneath the bust, I might be on board although it's a bit long for me at 5'2".  The length, not the large print, is what I find overwhelming on my frame.  They can be hemmed though.

Honored Contributor

I also think a lot of people liked that dress before they knew it was a Renee dress or the upcoming TSV since they were ooh-ing and aah-ing over it on Shawn last night in another thread.

Trusted Contributor
The prints don't look Summery to me. She always does the same types of prints, tropical and global. I like the dress, but the prints are a no-go. Why not add some variety like polka dots, geometric, abstract etc. her prints always look the same to me.
Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags 

@shoesnbags wrote:

@elated wrote:

I am not impressed with this dress. IMHO, I don't like maxi dresses for petite women. I think the midi is a better choice. If you look at the petite model, it just makes her look shorter unless you wear high heels. Showing part of your leg is more flattering for petites.

@elated 

I'm 5'2" and the midi length is just horrible on me.  I have nice legs, but that length does them no favors and makes me look shorter than I am.  A full on maxi looks much better on me, personally. 

I so agree with you!! If there ever was a length that makes me look dumpy, it's the midi!!

Honored Contributor

Clearly she is designing for people who enjoy wild prints. Luckily those of us who do not typically wear them can choose to buy other styles. I don't see what there is to be upset about. QVC sells lots of things I don't want. Every day can't be 'Porcelain's Picks' day.

If you wish you could buy the TSV dress in solid beige or seafoam, OP,  I think you'd cause less angst among your fellow posters if you simply said so without putting down options that others enjoy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Prints- YUCK!

[ Edited ]

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

The TSV dress is cute, but I have never seen such hideous prints!! I wouldn't be caught dead in any of them and I already have solid black dresses! 

Renee, who are you designing for??? I don't know a single person who would wear one of these prints. 

@PhillyGirl23   While at my height the prints would appear overwhelming, I think the prints are fine.

I also do not know why you had to start this thread when 2 minutes before you already posted your opinion of those "hideous" prints on the TSV forum.

Giving an opinion that the prints are not for you is one thing but posting there and here within 2 minutes was for what reason?

Some folks like some things that I do not like and I like some things other folks do not. 

I just pass on by.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

It's presumptuous of the OP to present herself as an authority on fashion, what's good and what's bad. Leah looked good in the one she was wearing.

Super Contributor

My Mom was always a big fan of prints and didn't understand why I only preferred solids.  I absolutely avoided prints at all costs.  However, I now find that I love prints, along with solids.  They brings such vibrancy and life to fashion. 

So, back in the day, I would have just ordered the black dress.  But, now I can appreciate the variety of Renee's prints and totally understand their appeal.  There's always room for growth and change.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's presumptuous of the OP to present herself as an authority on fashion, what's good and what's bad. Leah looked good in the one she was wearing.

@occasionalrain    Leah has the height to pull off a larger print, too.

The OP doesn't have to like large prints but calling them "hideous" etc. - she needs to understand that some folks like the dresses and have bought them.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prints- YUCK!

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

i really like prints in general. particularly nice bright colors.  i considered this in the leopard,  i thought that all the other fabrics looked a little on the "muddy" side for me.  i like bright happy colors. 

too bad, the style looked pretty promising.

@kittyloo  after all the talk about the dresses i took a look. Could it be that the person who took the photos didn't do a good job? I didn't see them on air so I don't know what they looked like. You say "muddy" I say "cloudy". We're in the same ballpark. Maybe in person they are bright and cheerful.