Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@SharkE,  no doubt your wish for the coronation to be televised will be granted!   Two recent articles, one in Vogue, and one in Vanity Fair,  both asserted it would be.

The ceremony they said, will be much smaller in attendance than Queen Elizabeth's was--  perhaps about 2000 guests.

But certain timeless elements of all the coronations will remain the same--  for the last 900 years, they have taken place in Westminster Abbey.

And, (this is kind of staggering in terms of continuity), since the year 1066,  the service has always been conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

For history lovers, it should be a fascinating event.

@Oznell   I think, too, Charles will give Camilla, Queen title and make her HRH.  Look for some big changes in the upcoming yrs. just as Edward VII put over when Queen Victoria died. 

I don't care who watches and who doesn't. I'll be front and center. LOL

History2.jpg

Just as Charles is already the king, Camilla is already the queen consort and is already (and long has been) an HRH. As for queens in the UK, one is either a queen by birth (a queen regnant, as was Ellizabeth) or a queen consort who is married to a king (as is Camilla and as was the queen mother). The coronation merely formalizes things. It is likely that over time the 'consort' will be dropped and Camilla will simply be known as queen Camilla, but that doesn't change the reality that she is a queen by virtue of marriage and unlike a queen regnant holds no sovereign powers of her own.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It would be wonderful if Princess Eugenie as a boy this time but healthy is the most important.  As for Charlotte I think she as a lot of Princess Anne in her.  I cannot wait to see her grow up.

Wishing her well. By the way, Eugenie already has a boy, August. Her sister Beatrice had a daughter, Siena.

Your right I meant to say girl, good grief on me.  Cannot remember what I was thinking on.   Thanks @stevieb 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@SharkE,  no doubt your wish for the coronation to be televised will be granted!   Two recent articles, one in Vogue, and one in Vanity Fair,  both asserted it would be.

The ceremony they said, will be much smaller in attendance than Queen Elizabeth's was--  perhaps about 2000 guests.

But certain timeless elements of all the coronations will remain the same--  for the last 900 years, they have taken place in Westminster Abbey.

And, (this is kind of staggering in terms of continuity), since the year 1066,  the service has always been conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

For history lovers, it should be a fascinating event.

@Oznell   I think, too, Charles will give Camilla, Queen title and make her HRH.  Look for some big changes in the upcoming yrs. just as Edward VII put over when Queen Victoria died. 

I don't care who watches and who doesn't. I'll be front and center. LOL

History2.jpg

Just as Charles is already the king, Camilla is already the queen consort and is already (and long has been) an HRH. As for queens in the UK, one is either a queen by birth (a queen regnant, as was Ellizabeth) or a queen consort who is married to a king (as is Camilla and as was the queen mother). The coronation merely formalizes things. It is likely that over time the 'consort' will be dropped and Camilla will simply be known as queen Camilla, but that doesn't change the reality that she is a queen by virtue of marriage and unlike a queen regnant holds no sovereign powers of her own.

Even as Queen Consort, Camilla has been styled "Her Majesty."  Before she was Queen Consort she was an HRH.