Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie

[ Edited ]

Is this thread about Princess Eugenie or the coronation or whether or not it's televised, or Diana's dress?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@SharkE,  no doubt your wish for the coronation to be televised will be granted!   Two recent articles, one in Vogue, and one in Vanity Fair,  both asserted it would be.

The ceremony they said, will be much smaller in attendance than Queen Elizabeth's was--  perhaps about 2000 guests.

But certain timeless elements of all the coronations will remain the same--  for the last 900 years, they have taken place in Westminster Abbey.

And, (this is kind of staggering in terms of continuity), since the year 1066,  the service has always been conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

For history lovers, it should be a fascinating event.

@Oznell   I think, too, Charles will give Camilla, Queen title and make her HRH.  Look for some big changes in the upcoming yrs. just as Edward VII put over when Queen Victoria died. 

I don't care who watches and who doesn't. I'll be front and center. LOL

History2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is this thread about Princess Eugenie or the coronation or whether or not it's televised, or Diana's dress?

Good question @Kachina624, I'm waiting for comparisons about wedding dresses and/or tiaras next. Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Oznell   By the way did you see on The Daily Mail where Kate and Charlotte was doing a walk about and

somebody handed Charlotte a bouquet and the Princess's bodyguard just offered to take them from her as all the Royals usually just thank the people and hand them off to whoever is accompanying them.

Charlotte wasn't having it when the female bodyguard reached out to take them Charlotte wouldn't give them to her and turned and walked away.

The bodyguard just took a step back and put her arms behind her back and had an expression like 'uh, ok".

Charlotte has a mind of her own and I won't live to see it, but, boy, she is gonna be a force to be reckoned with.   She's The Boss. Also, in that clip it shows Louie getting left behind and he looks ahead and the rest of them have gone on, he takes off on a run holding flowers I think it was or may had been drawings and hollers "CHARLOTTE, CHARLOTTE". The crowd goes

"awww".   He's always the show stopper.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

is pregnant with 2nd child.  Due in summer.

King Charles coronation will take place May 6th.

Hope it's televised.

@SharkE , Did you read " The Palace Papers" by Tina Brown ? It was very interesting.

Yes, it was. Well written. Good book

Honored Contributor
I think the coronation will be low key. Wishing Eugenia a safe and happy pregnancy.
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I've read where Charles wants a whole scaled down ceremony not anything that takes too long. He's 75.

Respected Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Puppy Lips I felt that Diana's dress wore her instead of her wearing the dress.

For such a pretty woman she needed a better gown. That was just too much dress. She deserved better.

I wonder if she had any say in it at all.

@Love my grandkids.. I don't know if she had any say in choosing the dress but I did read that she regretted it.  Way too much material and it was wrinkled.  Not a good look.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Yes.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @SharkE --   I'll never be the faithful royal observer that you have been, and are, but certain events, with their historical echoes, do draw me too.  I'll be right there with you, watching a king get crowned in an ancient ceremony!   Will be interested to hear your commentary on it.

The clothes and jewels should be pretty good too, ha.

I missed the article on those two little scamps--  they seem to have a little more leeway to be "free-wheeling",  with George more sedate, I guess...