Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Princess Eugenie and her husband. Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Very happy for Eugenie and Jack. Their little boy August is darling. Wishing them a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

I remember seeing the wedding of Prince Charles to Diana in July 1981.  It truly was a magical experience.  They all looked so happy.  Diana looked beautiful.  She truly was photogenic.

Yes, Diana was beautiful.  But I thought her dress was atrocious, even for a princess back in 1981.

I remember thinking her dress was absolutely the best wedding dress I had ever seen.  Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking.  My tastes these days would be on the complete opposite end of the wedding gown spectrum.

@faeriemoon 

Kate's was more on the order of Grace Kelly's which, I think, was right in the middle of more and too little.

@Nonametoday  I agree.  I thought Kate's dress was perfection for her.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Puppy Lips I felt that Diana's dress wore her instead of her wearing the dress.

For such a pretty woman she needed a better gown. That was just too much dress. She deserved better.

I wonder if she had any say in it at all.

@Love my grandkids Yes, it was too much.  It was a wrinkled mess that overwhelmed her.  I think she was so overwhelmed herself that she just went along with whatever they suggested.  Then before long, when she got her footing, we got to see what great style she really had.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Not sure what Diana's wedding dress has to do with Princess Eugenie's pregnancy.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE,  no doubt your wish for the coronation to be televised will be granted!   Two recent articles, one in Vogue, and one in Vanity Fair,  both asserted it would be.

The ceremony they said, will be much smaller in attendance than Queen Elizabeth's was--  perhaps about 2000 guests.

But certain timeless elements of all the coronations will remain the same--  for the last 900 years, they have taken place in Westminster Abbey.

And, (this is kind of staggering in terms of continuity), since the year 1066,  the service has always been conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

For history lovers, it should be a fascinating event.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

I remember seeing the wedding of Prince Charles to Diana in July 1981.  It truly was a magical experience.  They all looked so happy.  Diana looked beautiful.  She truly was photogenic.

Yes, Diana was beautiful.  But I thought her dress was atrocious, even for a princess back in 1981.

I remember thinking her dress was absolutely the best wedding dress I had ever seen.  Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking.  My tastes these days would be on the complete opposite end of the wedding gown spectrum.

@faeriemoon 

Trends and styles change and our tastes and preferences are affected over time. 

Wasn't that the Dynasty days of giant shoulder pads in everything?  I recall thinking giant shoulder pads looked GREAT!  LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Is Eugenie the older or younger daughter?   Sorry to say I often couldn't tell them apart as they were growing up.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Eugenie is the younger daughter.  

Totally agree about tastes changing.  I too loved the big shoulder power suits of Dynasty. The big hair, not so much.  Then hair went completely flat for quite a long while, and I thought that look was awful (still do), but I think volume is back.  Fortunate for me since I'm a curly haired girl. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Is Eugenie the older or younger daughter?   Sorry to say I often couldn't tell them apart as they were growing up.

Eugenie is the youngest daughter @Tinkrbl44 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson