Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie's Thank You Notes

I'm not sure why somebody felt the need to challenge the letter, but it appears to have been written.  If it were a specific font, the letters would look the same throughout (i.e. when you type an 'm' it will look the exact same every time).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting that "thank you" is not used in the note. Are they just acknowledging notes and cards? I guess when you have hundreds of people invited as well as being a celebrity, the personal handwritten thank you just won't happen.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I guess it's thoughtful, but I don't find it very personal.  It seems rather generic and something they probably sent out to lots of people. 

I agree -- if you don't mention the specific gift you received, the note is impersonal.

Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I guess it's thoughtful, but I don't find it very personal.  It seems rather generic and something they probably sent out to lots of people. 

I agree -- if you don't mention the specific gift you received, the note is impersonal.  

I agree.  It's better than nothing and sweet but with no mention of the gift it is impersonal.

Regular Contributor

They probably didn't ask for gifts.l. think they ask for donations to their charities

Honored Contributor

I love when people, especially those involved in a wedding (which can tend to encourage couples to think of themselves as the center of the universe, frankly), take the time to issue gracious, handwritten acknowledgements.

It's one of those things that just makes life more civilized and attractive!

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I agree.  It's better than nothing and sweet but with no mention of the gift it is impersonal.

@vsm @Bridgegal   huh?  this is a note to a royal fan giving well wishes as stated above.  this is not a note for a wedding gift.  i think you missed that !

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Interesting that "thank you" is not used in the note. Are they just acknowledging notes and cards? I guess when you have hundreds of people invited as well as being a celebrity, the personal handwritten thank you just won't happen.

@lovesrecess yes, as mentioned above, it's a note to a well-wisher, not a guest or invitee to wedding or gift-giver.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@vsm@Bridgegal   huh?  this is a note to a royal fan giving well wishes as stated above.  this is not a note for a wedding gift.  i think you missed that !

Then the note should not have said "for making our wedding so special."  If the "fan" did not attend the wedding or send a gift or make a donation, then the note is even more impersonal and generic than I thought it was.  Even so, the "fan" probably enjoyed the note, and that's what matters.

Honored Contributor

She definitely has class.  All your thank you notes should be handwritten to show your appreciation.

kindness is strength