Esteemed Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie's Bridal Party Revealed

@50Mickey wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

One  of the oldest I have ever seen was India Hicks at 17 in Princess Diana's wedding.   But she was the granddaughter of Lord Mountbatton and we know how close Charles was to him before he was murdered.

Princess Diana Prince Charles wedding

Brings back so many memories of that day. Back then  no recording devices so we had to get up at the crack of dawn. My daughter was 10 and she had her hair cut in a Princess Di cut. My dear sister set 2 alarms to make sure that she got up and didn't miss anything. Someone in my office brought a small TV and we ttried to watch some of it on one of the 2 channels that we could get. A real fairy tale that went so wrong. 

Oh my, I remember that day so well.  It was something like 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning I was sitting on the edge of my bed watching a day that started out so beautifully and ended so tragically.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are calling the wedding "Harry and Meghan Lite" - the two events are similar in many respects, though Eugenie is a less important royal.  If form holds, guests will receive a wedding gift bag - that they can later sell on eBay!

Interesting to note the wedding will be plastic-free.  So, among other things, there will be no floral foam (oasis), plastic cling wrap, or make-up and hair care products with plastic.

Respected Contributor

In an interview on the eve of the royal wedding, the Queen's granddaughter said she was nervous but couldn't wait to exchange vows with drinks industry executive Jack Brooksbank, 32, because 'it was love at first sight'. 

The princess will arrive with her father in the same Rolls Royce 1950 Phantom IV that was lent to the now-Duchess of Sussex on her wedding day by the Queen.

It was made for the monarch when she was still a princess and the first Rolls Royce that she and Prince Philip had, a sign of how special the vehicle is.

In an interview with presenters Eamon Holmes and Ruth Langsford, who will be anchoring live coverage of the wedding on ITV's This Morning from 9.25am today, Eugenie and her fiancé described the moment they first saw each other on ski holiday in Verbier, Switzerland.

Mr Brooksbank said: 'We were skiing in a friend's place out in Switzerland, and [looking at Eugenie] I saw you first, didn't I? And we just stared at each other.'

Eugenie continued: 'Yes, and I thought, 'what a silly hat!'... and I thought, 'who's that?' and then you came over and shook my hand and I was all butterflies and nervous. I think I rang my mum that night and said, 'I've met this guy Jack'... and that was it."

'I remember being like, 'I really, really like this guy, I really want him to like me too,' and then you gave me this huge windscreen wiper wave and that was it, right, he likes me.'

Eugenie said the whole experience of such a big wedding - they will have 800 guests and the event will be televised - was 'nerve-wracking and a bit scary'.

But she added: 'But at the end of the day you get to marry the person you love.... and you're going to be at the end of the aisle, and I'm going to be running towards you!'

Buckingham Palace has said it will not announce the designer of Eugenie's dress until she arrives. Erdem is often Eugenie's go-to choice but Stella McCartney has also been hotly tipped.

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, pictured during the ITV interview, will marry at St George's Chapel in Windsor tomorrow where Harry and Meghan also exchanged vows

Eugenie and Jack first met on ski holiday in Verbier, Switzerland

Honored Contributor

I noticed her ring.  It is a gemstone, not a diamond.  I wonder if this is the new trend?  My granddaughters friends have gotton engaged and they all received gemstone engagement rings.  Ruby with diamonds around it, another had saphire another her grandmothers earring made onto a ring.  Pretty!!

Respected Contributor

i think that does a disservice - Harry and Meghan Lite.   Eugenie's look and touch is quite different - and she looks decidedly royal!  with that tiara, she has a show-stopping look !  wow-zah!

interesting that 2 of her close friends are there - ex-es of Prince Harry.  

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I noticed her ring.  It is a gemstone, not a diamond.  I wonder if this is the new trend?  My granddaughters friends have gotton engaged and they all received gemstone engagement rings.  Ruby with diamonds around it, another had saphire another her grandmothers earring made onto a ring.  Pretty!!

@shoekitty back in the 90's I traveled over to the UK for business a lot and having a gemstone iso of a diamond was very common.  Not sure what applies now but I enjoyed watching the ceremony this morning and thought Eugenie looked beautiful.  Loved her dress and her "something borrowed" tiara was perfect.  Long may they love!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Elated seeing the magnificent ceremony live on YouTube-Royal Family Channel. 

Indeed spectacular celebration. Royal in every sense of the word. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Elated seeing the magnificent ceremony live on YouTube-Royal Family Channel. 

Indeed spectacular celebration. Royal in every sense of the word. 

I found a youtube a few weeks ago of Princess Royal Mary's wedding back in 1922.  How strange to watch that live moving footage after seeing the royal weddings of our lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAcqsxtQEbY 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie's Taxpayers dowry?

I read with amusement all the comments about today's wedding across pond. Why are we so interested in the 9th in line to UK throne? Heard taxpayers paying huge security bill among other lavish touches. Eugenie estimated worth at 28 yrs. 3.6 mil (USD). I don't think she paid. Fergie (mom) was near broke. Sold scandals, Weight Watcher ads etc. Got small div settlement. If Crown paid some, it's still from high taxed UK workers. I feel no taxpayer money should be spent. Was this bash in competition with Markle?

Contributor

Re: No plastics at Eugenie Wedding

Yes, we live in politically correct, environmentally conscious societies. Eugenie has banned all plastics from her wedding. So no credit cards or face fillers? No Juveraderm, collagen. Will anyone show over age of 38 yrs? Will we keep watching same machinations for all televised UK royal weddings? Lots of them with offspring but many as too far from throne to even consider them a succession winner.