Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie's Bridal Party Revealed

It's nice they've included Prince Edward's and Sophie's two children.  They're usually left out; maybe by design.

Honored Contributor

I read that Andrea Bocelli will sing at the wedding accompied by an orchestra.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

is it unusual, or customary that all the bridesmaids are children?  is that done here in the states?  i've never heard of anyone doing this before.  Aren't the children usually flowergirls, honary bridesmaids or something?  i know it's not unusual for children to participate in the wedding, but just always thought bridesmaids were adults.  and of course i may be totally out of the loop on this.  i havent been to a wedding in ages. 

@kittylooI agree and typically bridesmaids are friends or relatives of the bride.  Speaks volumes doesn't it that she had to choose children.  That's not going to work out well I think with the fidgeting, etc.  

@puttypiesmomWhatever "volumes" were spoken at the Harry/Megan wedding.  They had all children too.

The only adult I can remember...and I don't watch or read about all of them...is Pippa at Catherine's.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Do they have bridesmaids like america?  Or does it just depend on the wedding?  Here in America we have best friends, older girls or women as bridesmaids.  Then we have the little ones or young girls as flower girls.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the weddings i have attended had little ones as ring bearer, and flower girls.  They steal the show.  They have all been delightful.  Some are hysterical.  One wedding the ring bearer, who was 4, stopped by his grandmas on the aisle seat on his way to alter, he said, grammie grammie...I am am the "ringer" for auntie Patty. And he gave her a kiss!   

Honored Contributor

It is a tradition at least in recent royal weddings. Makes sense. Cheaper, cuter and less drama. 

Respected Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

is it unusual, or customary that all the bridesmaids are children?  is that done here in the states?  i've never heard of anyone doing this before.  Aren't the children usually flowergirls, honary bridesmaids or something?  i know it's not unusual for children to participate in the wedding, but just always thought bridesmaids were adults.  and of course i may be totally out of the loop on this.  i havent been to a wedding in ages. 

@kittylooI agree and typically bridesmaids are friends or relatives of the bride.  Speaks volumes doesn't it that she had to choose children.  That's not going to work out well I think with the fidgeting, etc.  

Good heavens, it doesn’t “speak volumes” about anything but different wedding traditions. 

Trusted Contributor

@jonbonIt may in fact be a tradition in a royal wedding but women in the UK do have adult bridesmaids just like here that include relatives and friends.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

it seems that American brides do like to include good friends and besties in their wedding party

with parade of kids, perhaps the royal weddings are going more for "show" than honoring friendship and adult relationships.

as i said before, this is a change from earlier British tradition as QEII's wedding party was made up of adult friends.  some royal brides have had maids of honor - Pippa for Kate and now Beatrix for Eugenie - along with the pages and young bridesmaids. i am not why there was a change.  

i definitely liked having friends part of the wedding party.  we were in each other's weddings and built memories beyond showing up for a big party.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's nice they've included Prince Edward's and Sophie's two children.  They're usually left out; maybe by design.

Lady Louise was 8 years old when she was a bridesmaid at Kate and William's wedding @ValuSkr

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."