Esteemed Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie's Bridal Party Revealed

@lmt wrote:

In an interview on the eve of the royal wedding, the Queen's granddaughter said she was nervous but couldn't wait to exchange vows with drinks industry executive Jack Brooksbank, 32, because 'it was love at first sight'. 

The princess will arrive with her father in the same Rolls Royce 1950 Phantom IV that was lent to the now-Duchess of Sussex on her wedding day by the Queen.

It was made for the monarch when she was still a princess and the first Rolls Royce that she and Prince Philip had, a sign of how special the vehicle is.

In an interview with presenters Eamon Holmes and Ruth Langsford, who will be anchoring live coverage of the wedding on ITV's This Morning from 9.25am today, Eugenie and her fiancé described the moment they first saw each other on ski holiday in Verbier, Switzerland.

Mr Brooksbank said: 'We were skiing in a friend's place out in Switzerland, and [looking at Eugenie] I saw you first, didn't I? And we just stared at each other.'

Eugenie continued: 'Yes, and I thought, 'what a silly hat!'... and I thought, 'who's that?' and then you came over and shook my hand and I was all butterflies and nervous. I think I rang my mum that night and said, 'I've met this guy Jack'... and that was it."

'I remember being like, 'I really, really like this guy, I really want him to like me too,' and then you gave me this huge windscreen wiper wave and that was it, right, he likes me.'

Eugenie said the whole experience of such a big wedding - they will have 800 guests and the event will be televised - was 'nerve-wracking and a bit scary'.

But she added: 'But at the end of the day you get to marry the person you love.... and you're going to be at the end of the aisle, and I'm going to be running towards you!'

Buckingham Palace has said it will not announce the designer of Eugenie's dress until she arrives. Erdem is often Eugenie's go-to choice but Stella McCartney has also been hotly tipped.

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, pictured during the ITV interview, will marry at St George's Chapel in Windsor tomorrow where Harry and Meghan also exchanged vows

Eugenie and Jack first met on ski holiday in Verbier, Switzerland

She has that radient look of love.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

At a time when the British government is cutting sevices for pensioners, education, the disabled, many British taxpayers are unhappy with having to shell out millions of pounds for security at this "Disney" show.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

@adelle38 wrote:

At a time when the British government is cutting sevices for pensioners, education, the disabled, many British taxpayers are unhappy with having to shell out millions of pounds for security at this "Disney" show.

@adelle38Yes, most everyone would love to have their wedding paid for by the public purse too.  Awful, since the royals can well afford to pay for it themselves.  

Respected Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@adelle38 wrote:

@adelle38Yes, most everyone would love to have their wedding paid for by the public purse too.  Awful, since the royals can well afford to pay for it themselves.  

According to Town & Country,

The royal family is expected to pay for at least part of Princess Eugenie's wedding as well, and the Queen herself may contribute. The rest of the bill will be split between Eugenie's parents—Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York —and the Brooksbank family, according to Business Insider.

All that said, British tax payers will have to contribute to the security for the day, an expense many find to be controversial. More than 41,000 people have signed a petition addressed to the House of Commons requesting that the royal family pay for Eugenie's wedding in full.

-------

So there is controversy about the cost of security, but the wedding itself was apparently not paid for by British taxpayers.

Trusted Contributor

@jonbonyes, I read that too.