Honored Contributor

Princess Eugenie & Jack's Son Pic!

Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank have named their son August Philip Hawke Brooksbank, Buckingham Palace have confirmed.

The daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, 30, welcomed her first child, who is 11th in line to the throne, with Jack on February 9 at London's Portland Hospital. The couple were pictured leaving the hospital three days later on February 12. 

The new mother revealed the name today and shared her first family picture with her son - the Queen's ninth great grandchild - which is thought to have been taken in the grounds of Frogmore Cottage, where the couple are currently living. 

Posting a series of photographs on Instagram, the Queen's granddaughter wrote: 'Thank you for so many wonderful messages. Our hearts are full of love for this little human, words can't express. We are excited to be able to share these photos with you.⁣' 

Eugenie went on to reveal the name was a touching tribute to Queen Victoria's Husband Prince Albert, whose birth name was Franz Albert August Karl Emanuel, and Prince Philip, who is currently in hospital, writing: 'On his grandfather's birthday weekend, thinking of my grandfather, we are introducing our little boy. He is named after his great grandfather and both of his 5x great grandfathers.'  

Sarah Ferguson reposted the photographs on her Instagram page and, in her first comments since Eugenie's birth, revealed she and Prince Andrew are 'thrilled' over August's arrival.  

The new mother, 30, confirmed the name on her Instagram page and shared her first family picture with her son alongside husband Jack

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie & Jack's Son Pic!

Beautiful family!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Posting a series of photographs on Instagram, Princess Eugenuie wrote: 'Thank you for so many wonderful messages. Our hearts are full of love for this little human, words can't express. We are excited to be able to share these photos with you.⁣' 

Eugenie went on to reveal the name was a touching tribute to Queen Victoria's Husband Prince Albert, whose birth name was Franz Albert August Karl Emanuel, and Prince Philip, who is currently in hospital, writing: 'On his grandfather's birthday weekend, thinking of my grandfather, we are introducing our little boy. He is named after his great grandfather and both of his 5x great grandfathers.'  

August is both a given name and surname developed from the Latin, Augustus. Derived from the Latin word augere, meaning 'to increase,' Augustus had the meaning 'esteemed' or 'venerable' and was a title given to Roman emperors. 

UK royal names are normally chosen from a relatively restricted pool of those used by past kings and queens.

Other royal Augusts include Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover and his son, who shares the same name. 

Princess Eugenie revealed the name is a nod to Queen Victoria's Husband Prince Albert, whose birth name was Franz Albert August Karl Emanuel. 

Albert was called August because it was the month of his birth. 

Philip is a male given name, derived from the Greek Philippos, lit. 'horse-loving' or 'fond of horses'.

The couple no doubt chose the name as a nod to Prince Philip, Princess Eugenie's grandfather.

Hawke is an Anglo-Saxon name which comes from the Old English personal Hafoc. It is a Brooksbank family name.

Honored Contributor

They look happy, no stamp in the babies name ,i see.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

They look so happy. He is beautiful!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful family.  Love to hear good news. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Lovely picture - wishing them all the best.

(Please ignore the nasty post)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Beautiful family!

I would love to snuggle the wee one and rock him to sleep.

I miss those days with my grandchildren.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Yep, looks just like a million other babies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment