Respected Contributor

Princess Eugenie Shares New Picture of Baby August

[ Edited ]

In honor of Mother's Day in the UK, new mom Princess Eugenie shared an adorable snap of her and husband Jack Brooksbank's son August Philip Hawke Brooksbank lying among a field of brightly coloured daffodils.

It is the royal's first Mother's Day following the birth of her son last month.

August Philip Hawke Brooksbank, the newest addition to the Royal Family, was born on February 9.

In the picture, August is lying on a blanket outdoors wearing a white jumper and hat with fluffy rabbit shoes.

Accompanying the picture on Instagram, the Queen's granddaughter wrote: "I'm so excited to be August's mum and as you can see I'm enjoying my first Mother's Day.

New mum Princess Eugenie shared an adorable snap of her and husband Jack Brooksbank's son August Philip Hawke Brooksbank lying among a field of brightly coloured daffodils (pictured)

Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie Shares New Picture of Baby August

Adorable?  You can't even see his face.  The setting is pretty but the baby is not. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

All babies are beautiful.  They are just God's perfect works.

Honored Contributor

Can't see the face here but I saw him on instagram. He is very cute.

Honored Contributor

Looks just like his dad.  Smiley Wink  I'm sorry, why did they publish that photo?  

Of course all babies are precious.  But this photo just makes me chuckle. 

Honored Contributor

My guess at the reason they published this picture without his face being shown is that it is outside on a bright sunny day and some babies have photosensitivty to their eyes and will only close their eyes or squint if the sun is too bright.  I had a grandson who did that on bright sunny mornings until he was about 6 months old.

Respected Contributor

No one except the kardashians are posting pictures of their babies' face. It is a privacy and a security issue. 

Honored Contributor

I love the plump little line of a baby's turned-away cheek--  in our family, when we used to tiptoe in and look down at the crib, we described that round "cheek look" as 'lunar'.    Lunar cheeks.

The other interesting thing about that photo is his little hands, the sophisticated way he's putting his little fingers of one hand together, and the other hand is sort of a loose fist!  Cute.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

No one except the kardashians are posting pictures of their babies' face. It is a privacy and a security issue. 

@chessylady  There are pictures of the babies face on Instagram. You can see the arrow on the right hand side of the picture. There are more. Baby from the front is very cute.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would've been nice to see his face, but for whatever reason they didn't want to show it.

The setting is pretty, especially with spring on the way. His outfit is so cute, too. It looks like the bottoms are covered in whales and those bunny slippers are adorable!!