Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@World Traveler    Yes, its actually 3 kids portrayed there.  Its a litte boy standing behind the girl in the front.  

@sophiesofers For a while there, I thought I was seeing things, but now I know.....I was seeing things (legs). ha!

Really like the statue. Guess another trip to London is in order for me once the restrictions due to COVID0-19 are relaxed a bit more.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it does her justice.  

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor
I see so much of William's face at this angle.
Respected Contributor

For my personal taste, to depict her concern for all children of the world, I would have liked to see more of them encircle her.  As it is, in spite of the race difference that is not immediately clear, the close similarity to William's and Catherine's two boys and one girl, even their chronology of age and size, is the first thing that comes to (my) mind, which is a distraction from the intent.  Had more children been included, I think the intent would have been more clear.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@KKJ  It's confusing because she did not have a daughter, she had two sons. Hence the confusion as to who the girl is.

At first the way it was worded I thought it would be the two sons but she states the two sons are looking on (facing the statue).  Looking at the statue itself, to my eye, it is obvious it represents the love she had for all children and her charity work through the world.

It's an absolutely perfect, and beautiful, statue to represent everything she was.

Respected Contributor

I would like to see the original photo that the artist used to create this statue.  I don't remember Diana with such a chisel face.

Her clothes were so remarkable, she was a beautiful woman and I think the children turned out better than her but I would of liked to see the statue with just her boys.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't think the face looks that much like hers. 

I read that her son's like it though.

i agree....i don't think it looks like her......

@nana59 

If I didn't know it was her....I wouldn't know it was her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Diana statue

[ Edited ]

Statues of generic children always look strange to me - like skinny mini-adults.  I wish the sculptor had found another way to memorialize Diana's charity work. 

Respected Contributor

It is good to read some of these nice comments re the statue- my text/Skype has been going all morning from U.K. friends/family and most, nearly all, are not very complimentary at all.

Must say at first look does not do much for me either but will reserve judgment until I see it 'in the flesh' later this year.