Trusted Contributor

Re: Princess Diana - R.I.P. 18th Anniversary of Her Death

@lulu2 wrote:

About 2 years ago I read a book by the sole survivor, Trevor Rees-Jones.  It was a difficult read.  There have been times he'd wished he had died.  Though Mohamed Al-Fayid paid his hospital bills, he blamed Rees-Jones for Dodi's death.  He tried to block the publication of his book.

There were many rumors that said he survived because he was wearing a seat belt.  This is not true.

WRONG.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Please moderators give it a rest!
Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

About 2 years ago I read a book by the sole survivor, Trevor Rees-Jones.  It was a difficult read.  There have been times he'd wished he had died.  Though Mohamed Al-Fayid paid his hospital bills, he blamed Rees-Jones for Dodi's death.  He tried to block the publication of his book.

There were many rumors that said he survived because he was wearing a seat belt.  This is not true.

WRONG.

From his lips to God's ears.  Both quotes are from CNN interviews. 

http://www.cnn.com/chat/transcripts/2000/3/reesjones/index.html

Question from Deb484: Trevor, everyone is confused... were you or were you not wearing a seat belt?

Trevor Rees-Jones: No, that was misreported... it was proven that I was NOT wearing a seatbelt.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0003/21/lkl.00.html

VAN SUSTEREN: Why weren't you wearing a seat belt, and why wasn't anybody else, do you think?

REES-JONES: I can't answer for the others; I can answer for myself. I wouldn't have been wearing one, because it's not what we practice to do, so I needed freedom of movement within the vehicle, and obviously, I was pleased for myself when it was reported I wasn't wearing one.

Respected Contributor

wow......how time flies.  it seems like yesterday i was watching this on tv.  very sad.