Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Anne to Make Royal History

[ Edited ]

The Queen is rallying the RF as a consequence of recent events, she is projecting a united front.  

Honored Contributor

Read somewhere earlier that this appointment was going to Anne.

Was not at all certain it was a reliable source.  Glad to see it happened for her.

Good for inter-family relations also.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

How interesting, @MorningLover !  Perfect fit for her, I imagine.

Yeah, she and Prince Philip have always shared a bit of that sort of bluff, no-nonsense, "suffer-no-fools-gladly" personality, ha.  I think both she and Philip have at times found Charles to be a bit "wet",  to borrow a British-ism,  with his more tentative qualities, and torturing self-doubt (at least at one point in his life-- but he seems to have grown out of that, I'm guessing).

Very interesting dynamic in that family.  There's a famous documentary that the BBC did I think, when Charles and Anne were teenagers.  It had extraordinary access to the family, followed them around etc.  Showed them all doing mundane things like having a family barbecue, bantering back and forth, and so on.  Kind of riveting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@goldensrbest What does this divorce have to do with anything?

It is her son,and dil. That is all.What did you think?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Good for Anne. She's been a steady and hardworking presence for the royal family and probably should have been the original choice. If appearances are to be believed, she's always seemed reliable and one to fulfill her obligations without complaint.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@goldensrbest What does this divorce have to do with anything?

Nothing, but I too heard this, so is it alright with you that it was mentioned? This is a forum is it not, for what we'd like to say. It seems that Royalty is a common news event for the readers here. So she heard it and so did I.

Honored Contributor

I think it is wonderful for someone to take over the job who will take it seriously and feel honored to have it.
Honored Contributor

Now Harry and Meghan are pushing back against the Queen regarding the Royal Sussex name....so I am guessing she is definitely trying to rally the troops, so to speak...and it is important for those members of the royal family to show their loyalty.
Honored Contributor

What didn't occur to H&M apparently when pushing back about not using "royal" was that the Queen could take away their Sussex title altogether since she gave it to them so they'd still have to re-brand and withdraw the patents. They should have held their tongues about "royal" but those two don't show much restraint -- or respect.
Honored Contributor

And it always comes back to Meghan and Harry.  Seems that no Royalty post can stand on it's own.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)