Honored Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death as reported by the AP and MN newspaper: Updated

It IS easy to overdose on Fentanyl............people just apply more than one patch.......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I know someone who lives in Eden Prairie, which is in the Chanhassen area.  She has had more information on this tragedy since the first weekend after it happened - I don't know how she got it - but she told me that the family was against the release of any autopsy information beyond that which was required/allowed by law.  They are focused on the money, period.  It is not a legacy issue with them - his legacy is secure and we all still adore him - they just want to wrap everything up ASAP and split the proceeds.

Valued Contributor

Respected Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death[ New ]
@stazgirl wrote:

HE IS NOT TO BLAME???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  I suppose an alcoholic is not to blame either, let's blame the liquor store.  ANY ONE who takes more narcotics than are perscribed, KNOWS that an overdose is eminent.  EVERY ADULT is responsible for themselves, to be aware of what is or isn't being given to them.  Fentanyl IS NOT an a "for home use" drug.     Lets not make him a helplrss victim, He was a man, just like any other who had a problem,  I am sure each of us know someone who "lives a healthy lifestyle" but really doesn't.  I know MORMONS (NOT JUDGING) that go to the bar every week after going to the temple...

@stazgirl

What the heck are you doing?  Why did you bring Mormons into this?  Do you think they are some exception or what?  A lot of people who are religious drink alcohol.

You KNOW Mormons?  Apparently not well.

Cat Hair, Both A Condiment And A Fashion Accessory

I DID NOT MEAN TO SINGLE OUT MORMANS...I was TRYING to make a point...That not everyone is what or who they say they are, (and yes, my best friend is morman, so yes, I do know they are not suppose to drink alcohol, BUT SOME do, and lie about it)  THAT WAS MY POINT,  I could have used ANYTHING or ANYONE,   
Valued Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death as reported by the AP and MN newspaper: Updated[ Edited ]
@stazgirl wrote:

I think I may have more empathy for those truly in pain,

I agree, for those "TRULY" in pain,   But "truly in pain generally does not and can not get up on a stage and jump around doing wild antics for 2-3 hours as he was still doing...My MIL is "truly" in pain and most days she can not get out of bed, let alone, even think about "jumping around" 

I have alot of empathy for people in pain, but pain is subjective,   

@stazgirl

Pain most certainly is NOT subjective, it can be measured.

You really are unfamiliar with this entire subject.

NO, I AM VERY FAMILAIR, I work in an OR.  And my husband is an ER RN, so yes, I do know,  pain is subjective, you can measure SOME ascpects BUT you CAN NOT measure a person pain perception or tolerance.  ANY Dr or nurse will tell you, THAT is subjection to each individual pt.

Trusted Contributor

@LIndaMJ wrote:

I'm thinking since he needed hip replacement surgery and did not have it for one reason or another, the pain became brutal and hence he needed these powerful pain killers to perform. And then unfortunately his body built up an immunity to them and he needed more. As you have all said, how very sad😿.

That is exactly what I have been thinking. It's the only thing that makes sense given the last week of his life.  I liked Prince and  have been very sad upon learning of his death. 

Trusted Contributor

@Elvita wrote:

@LIndaMJ wrote:

I'm thinking since he needed hip replacement surgery and did not have it for one reason or another, the pain became brutal and hence he needed these powerful pain killers to perform. And then unfortunately his body built up an immunity to them and he needed more. As you have all said, how very sad😿.

That is not true. He did have double hip replacement  surgery several years ago but he still had pain.

I thought there was unsubstantiated reports that he may have NOT had the hip replacement surgery in 2010. Where is it written proving he did? 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

image.jpeg

112 lbs? Smiley Surprised faint.gif

I don't think food was ever a high priority with Prince, but towards the end, he developed some god like complex and decided the body didn't need any food. he said if you don't feed the body for several days and your body realizes it isn't going to be fed, it stops wanting food. I know, strange. 

Valued Contributor

I was surprised to hear on CNN that it was Fentanyl, which yes is usually a patch. (So that's why I am puzzled by this because that enters the body slowly!). SO sad to hear this all about Prince. I was hoping it was not an overdose but of course I am wrong. And PS I have chronic pain and I refused Fentanyl. I take other pain medicine for chronic pain for my spine issues. But I try to take as little of my pain meds as possible and opt to get injections (and other procedures) regularly for my back so I can tone down the medicine when those procedures help for a while, because this all scares me when I hear about addiction and overdoses! But I will say this, chronic pain is horrible and no one understands unless they live it!

In surgery, it is an injectable, it is also one of the most stolen drugs in the hospital ,  very easy to overdose on ANY drug if you take too much,  The news said he INJECTED the fentanyl,  Home use is in a patch, He should NEVER have had the injectable type. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death

[ Edited ]

Same thing basically with Tammy Wynette, she had Versed at her home..  funny how Doctor's prescribe this strong, controlled substance to stars.. I still say (my opinion please) that she was over dosed the day she died.  

Gosh my husband had a hip replacement last July, still has lots of discomfort & his surgeon has basically cut him off of hydrocodone..  hubby keeps what he has for "in case"..   

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Opioid addiction is a horrible thing and more widespread than we can imagine. It can happen to anyone.

I totally agree. I used to judge, until it happened in my own family.