Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was truly hoping this was not true when the first rumors came out - I would have thought he would have been smart enough not to take something like that - I guess when you are in great pain you go to great lengths to get rid of it.   These doctors need to be dealt with - they should have known he was in trouble and I hope they are indicted for their part in his death

@hoosieroriginal

When someone is dealing with serious, ongoing chronic pain, "intelligence" goes right out the window.

As for the doctors, Prince could have seen several for a variety of prescriptions and not disclosed to them he was also getting meds from other various sources.   So how could they be at fault if important information was being deliberately withheld?  

The only safety mechanism that could have been in place at this point was if he had all prescriptions filled at the same place every time .... a pharmacist might have been able to predict a potential problem.    

On the other hand,  if you are filling a reasonable amount over a reasonable time period ...  and then just take way too many pills, the only person at fault is the person who overdoses.  

@Tinkrbl44 - I'm sorry - I have more control of my body than that.  I would NEVER put anything like that in my body, no matter how much in pain I was - I respect the body I was given - I don't take drugs - I would treat it more naturally - he had the money to do that. 

Good for you, but other people have the right to make their choices regarding pain relief in consultation with their Dr of course. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was truly hoping this was not true when the first rumors came out - I would have thought he would have been smart enough not to take something like that - I guess when you are in great pain you go to great lengths to get rid of it.   These doctors need to be dealt with - they should have known he was in trouble and I hope they are indicted for their part in his death

@hoosieroriginal

When someone is dealing with serious, ongoing chronic pain, "intelligence" goes right out the window.

As for the doctors, Prince could have seen several for a variety of prescriptions and not disclosed to them he was also getting meds from other various sources.   So how could they be at fault if important information was being deliberately withheld?  

The only safety mechanism that could have been in place at this point was if he had all prescriptions filled at the same place every time .... a pharmacist might have been able to predict a potential problem.    

On the other hand,  if you are filling a reasonable amount over a reasonable time period ...  and then just take way too many pills, the only person at fault is the person who overdoses.  

@Tinkrbl44 - I'm sorry - I have more control of my body than that.  I would NEVER put anything like that in my body, no matter how much in pain I was - I respect the body I was given - I don't take drugs - I would treat it more naturally - he had the money to do that. 

@hoosieroriginal

Well, if that's what you believe, with all due respect, you have no idea what excruciating pain really is.   JMO

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't know if they have it in MN but where I lived, they keep records at the state level on narcotic rxs so they can track individuals and the Drs that write them. I learned this when I had cancer and was given opiates for pain. I also do not think that people should be refused opiates if they need them. 

@jaxs mom

I've read there is a movement for a national data base, also.  I think it's a good idea for a couple of reasons.

I also agree with your last comment. 

When I was a little girl, my mother's uncle was dying of stomach cancer.  The hospital sent him home to die but refused to give him a narcotic for the pain.  They said it might make him an addict.  I kid you not.

He was on his death bed and they would not relieve his pair for that ridiculous reason.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

If you haven't walked in those shoes, you have no idea what you would do.  And it has nothing to do with "respect."

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death

[ Edited ]

Q. For those unfamiliar with pain, who take it so casually and think they could handle it so well, I ask you to ponder why torture works so often.

A.  Pain.  People can't take the pain, even many trained warriors.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't know if they have it in MN but where I lived, they keep records at the state level on narcotic rxs so they can track individuals and the Drs that write them. I learned this when I had cancer and was given opiates for pain. I also do not think that people should be refused opiates if they need them. 

@jaxs mom

I've read there is a movement for a national data base, also.  I think it's a good idea for a couple of reasons.

I also agree with your last comment. 

When I was a little girl, my mother's uncle was dying of stomach cancer.  The hospital sent him home to die but refused to give him a narcotic for the pain.  They said it might make him an addict.  I kid you not.

He was on his death bed and they would not relieve his pair for that ridiculous reason.

@Noel7 I'm so sorry to hear that. Cancer is such a horrible way to die. I know that by the time I was diagnosed at stage 3 I told the dr that I literally could feel that I was dying. I had been misdiagnosed 2x at that point. Where is the logic in worrying about a person suffering with terminal cancer becoming addicted. Modern hospice care has really helped a lot of people leave this world with as much peace as is possible under the cicrumstances. I hope no one has to go through what your great uncle did. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death as reported by the AP and MN newspaper: Updated

@Mz iMac

In his heyday, Prince's regular weight was 120-125 lbs.  He was always lean and slight of build.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty

I knew someone who was prescribed Fentanyl patches for RA.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Noel7 I'm so sorry to hear that. Cancer is such a horrible way to die. I know that by the time I was diagnosed at stage 3 I told the dr that I literally could feel that I was dying. I had been misdiagnosed 2x at that point. Where is the logic in worrying about a person suffering with terminal cancer becoming addicted. Modern hospice care has really helped a lot of people leave this world with as much peace as is possible under the cicrumstances. I hope no one has to go through what your great uncle did. 

@jaxs mom

Thank you, that is so kind of you Smiley Happy

I didn't know you had cancer, I am so sorry and I hope you are free of it now.  You certainly went through a lot, what with the misdiagnoses.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death as reported by the AP and MN newspaper: Updated

@Bird mama wrote:

@Mz iMac

In his heyday, Prince's regular weight was 120-125 lbs.  He was always lean and slight of build.

@Bird mama

Yeah, seen him in person lots of times & his weight appeared to be around 120-125 lbs.  But 112 lbs???  Lawd!!!!!!!! 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif