"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death as reported by the AP and MN newspaper: Updated

Unbelievable.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was truly hoping this was not true when the first rumors came out - I would have thought he would have been smart enough not to take something like that - I guess when you are in great pain you go to great lengths to get rid of it.   These doctors need to be dealt with - they should have known he was in trouble and I hope they are indicted for their part in his death. 

@hoosieroriginal

It's not about being smart.  If you've never had debilitating chronic pain, you have no way of knowing what people go through.  People want their life back.  Many get addicted from using prescribed pills, their pain continues and they can't stand it so they take just one more pill.  At some point, they can't stop.

When my best friend was dying of pancreatic cancer she told me she had never understood what pain was like until then.  She apologized to me and to her husband for never understanding what he and I went through.  That broke my heart, but I loved her even more for saying that.

@Noel7 I experienced that too. When I missed a few important events, one friend was downright insulted. Several years later after they experienced severe pain issues, they apologized to me. 

People shouldn't be so quick to judge. You might be in the same boat one day. 

Honored Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

He MAY NOT have been "in pain"/ after all, he STILL performed the same as always,  Fentanyl is extremely powerful, It is used mainly in surgical anesthsia,  HOWEVER, once an addict of opiods builds up a tolerance to the "common narcotics" they look for something stronger to give the same effect.  The same as MJ, He found a doctor to prescribe it for home use, MJ was propaphol, also a very strong anesthestic.   With ALL of his money, he COULD easily find a dcotor to perscribe what he wanted,  we will never know the truth, whether he was a closet addict (afterall, part of his appeal was his "drug free" lifestyle.   BUT I still refuse to release him from blame.  He is an ADULT and no one can convince me that he did not know he was taking a strong SURGICAL ANESTHETIC drug...  AND YES, I work in the medical field and have seen plenty of "true and closeted addicts" in my time, AND several Drs and other health care professionals who were addicted to narcotics and moved up the ranks to stealing Fentanyl  .... it is not as uncommon as people like to think,

I don't know anyone who thinks it's uncommon.

It's unfortunate you don't know much about addiction, only blame.

Respected Contributor

Is Fentanyl an injectible or a pill?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was truly hoping this was not true when the first rumors came out - I would have thought he would have been smart enough not to take something like that - I guess when you are in great pain you go to great lengths to get rid of it.   These doctors need to be dealt with - they should have known he was in trouble and I hope they are indicted for their part in his death. 

@hoosieroriginal

It's not about being smart.  If you've never had debilitating chronic pain, you have no way of knowing what people go through.  People want their life back.  Many get addicted from using prescribed pills, their pain continues and they can't stand it so they take just one more pill.  At some point, they can't stop.

When my best friend was dying of pancreatic cancer she told me she had never understood what pain was like until then.  She apologized to me and to her husband for never understanding what he and I went through.  That broke my heart, but I loved her even more for saying that.

@Noel7 I experienced that too. When I missed a few important events, one friend was downright insulted. Several years later after they experienced severe pain issues, they apologized to me. 

People shouldn't be so quick to judge. You might be in the same boat one day. 

Hi @Reba055

When I went through a tough flare, I had one friend who would roll her eyes and told me off when I told her I couldn't make one event.  Not even HER event.

I thought about that for quite awhile and decided she was more trouble than she was worth.  I dumped her.  Politely.

I can't stand it when people don't have a clue what they're talking about but are so judgemental.

I hope you're doing OK...

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Noel7 - Prince had millions of dollars and could have found some other way to help control the pain - he supposedly lived a "natural" life and I am just shocked that he took the route of drugs.  These doctors get people hooked on drugs - they are to blame, not him.  I just wish he had made better choices. 

Where did you get that idea, @hoosieroriginal ?

If there was some other way for most people, they would find it.

Sometimes there is NOTHING. 

Honored Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

HE IS NOT TO BLAME???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  I suppose an alcoholic is not to blame either, let's blame the liquor store.  ANY ONE who takes more narcotics than are perscribed, KNOWS that an overdose is eminent.  EVERY ADULT is responsible for themselves, to be aware of what is or isn't being given to them.  Fentanyl IS NOT an a "for home use" drug.     Lets not make him a helplrss victim, He was a man, just like any other who had a problem,  I am sure each of us know someone who "lives a healthy lifestyle" but really doesn't.  I know MORMONS (NOT JUDGING) that go to the bar every week after going to the temple...

@stazgirl

What the heck are you doing?  Why did you bring Mormons into this?  Do you think they are some exception or what?  A lot of people who are religious drink alcohol.

You KNOW Mormons?  Apparently not well.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

Thank you Heart

Respected Contributor

I always thought Fentanyl was used in surgery to knock people out.  What was he doing with it at home.  I believe this is what killed Michael Jackson as well.  I remember the news reports about how Jackson's doctor should not have allowed it in the house.  There likely was also an issue with his doctor using it at all, since he was not an anesthesiologist, but I'm not certain of that.

The saddest part is that someone was arriving I think within hours to help him deal with his addiction.  How horrible!

I'm having dental surgery in four weeks.  I told the dentist I don't want that Percocet or whatever it is.  I'm going to maybe find an extra-strength aspirin to take if I need it.  I'm afraid of those drugs.  They are essential for people with serious conditions that can't be dealt with any other way.  It's better to avoid them at all other times.