Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

"My heart is so heavy with the thought of him being left alone in that big building in such a frail condition."

He was not alone "in that big building" at the time of his death.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was truly hoping this was not true when the first rumors came out - I would have thought he would have been smart enough not to take something like that - I guess when you are in great pain you go to great lengths to get rid of it.   These doctors need to be dealt with - they should have known he was in trouble and I hope they are indicted for their part in his death. 

@hoosieroriginal

It's not about being smart.  If you've never had debilitating chronic pain, you have no way of knowing what people go through.  People want their life back.  Many get addicted from using prescribed pills, their pain continues and they can't stand it so they take just one more pill.  At some point, they can't stop.

When my best friend was dying of pancreatic cancer she told me she had never understood what pain was like until then.  She apologized to me and to her husband for never understanding what he and I went through.  That broke my heart, but I loved her even more for saying that.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 - Prince had millions of dollars and could have found some other way to help control the pain - he supposedly lived a "natural" life and I am just shocked that he took the route of drugs.  These doctors get people hooked on drugs - they are to blame, not him.  I just wish he had made better choices. 

Valued Contributor

HE IS NOT TO BLAME???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  I suppose an alcoholic is not to blame either, let's blame the liquor store.  ANY ONE who takes more narcotics than are perscribed, KNOWS that an overdose is eminent.  EVERY ADULT is responsible for themselves, to be aware of what is or isn't being given to them.  Fentanyl IS NOT an a "for home use" drug.     Lets not make him a helplrss victim, He was a man, just like any other who had a problem,  I am sure each of us know someone who "lives a healthy lifestyle" but really doesn't.  I know MORMONS (NOT JUDGING) that go to the bar every week after going to the temple...

Esteemed Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

HE IS NOT TO BLAME???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  I suppose an alcoholic is not to blame either, let's blame the liquor store.  ANY ONE who takes more narcotics than are perscribed, KNOWS that an overdose is eminent.  EVERY ADULT is responsible for themselves, to be aware of what is or isn't being given to them.  Fentanyl IS NOT an a "for home use" drug.     Lets not make him a helplrss victim, He was a man, just like any other who had a problem,  I am sure each of us know someone who "lives a healthy lifestyle" but really doesn't.  I know MORMONS (NOT JUDGING) that go to the bar every week after going to the temple...

------------

I agree. No one wants take responsibility for what they do. I liked Prince off stage and on. However he had all the resources in the world. When he got addicted or built up immunity he should have gotten with his doctor and told him this is what I am dealing with ,what can we do. I am sad he was in so much pain. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Lupus comes with a lot of pain: joints, sharp pain in the lungs, hands, migraines, unbelievable pain in the ribs, so great it feels like a massive heart attack, on and on.

A lot of Lupus treatment is pain management, most of which I cannot take.  I'm ok with morphine when I'm in the hospital and it's managed, but I want nothing at home.

Sometimes it's overwhelming, but I don't want to go the route of opioids. 

I've read that staggering two OTC pain killers really helps so I do that.  I risk liver damage, but sometimes I take the chance.

OMGosh Noel, I had no idea you were having it that bad!  {gentle hug}

It is scary how addicting the drugs can be.  And to take so many you die---frightening.

I guess the people it does kill--don't think it's going to happen to them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death as reported by the AP and MN newspaper: Updated

@butterfly123 wrote:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was truly hoping this was not true when the first rumors came out - I would have thought he would have been smart enough not to take something like that - I guess when you are in great pain you go to great lengths to get rid of it.   These doctors need to be dealt with - they should have known he was in trouble and I hope they are indicted for their part in his death. 

Unfortunately...where there is smoke there is fire.  I knew there was some opiod addiction from the early report.  I figured it was due to pain.  Too many sources were pointing to that.  

It's very sad.  What a talent he was!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

He MAY NOT have been "in pain"/ after all, he STILL performed the same as always,  Fentanyl is extremely powerful, It is used mainly in surgical anesthsia,  HOWEVER, once an addict of opiods builds up a tolerance to the "common narcotics" they look for something stronger to give the same effect.  The same as MJ, He found a doctor to prescribe it for home use, MJ was propaphol, also a very strong anesthestic.   With ALL of his money, he COULD easily find a dcotor to perscribe what he wanted,  we will never know the truth, whether he was a closet addict (afterall, part of his appeal was his "drug free" lifestyle.   BUT I still refuse to release him from blame.  He is an ADULT and no one can convince me that he did not know he was taking a strong SURGICAL ANESTHETIC drug...  AND YES, I work in the medical field and have seen plenty of "true and closeted addicts" in my time, AND several Drs and other health care professionals who were addicted to narcotics and moved up the ranks to stealing Fentanyl  .... it is not as uncommon as people like to think,

Respected Contributor

Re: Prince cause of death as reported by the AP and MN newspaper: Updated

Too easy to get these drugs and too easy to abuse them. It's such a shame. What a talent