Honored Contributor

Re: Prince William Wears Yarmulke At Wailing Wall

The showed the respect that was expected of him, Barack Obama also was a Yarmulke at the wall as well

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

With all due respect to the Royal Family, are they really helping anybody?  It seems like a lot of speeches, bringing awareness so others can donate, attending ceremonies, and lot of photo ops.

I am sure their likeness sells a lot of commemorative dishware, tea towels, and other British souvenirs.  But considering the cost of keeping the royal family going and all that goes with it, is it worth it?  Just wondering your thoughts.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

With all due respect to the Royal Family, are they really helping anybody?  It seems like a lot of speeches, bringing awareness so others can donate, attending ceremonies, and lot of photo ops.

I am sure their likeness sells a lot of commemorative dishware, tea towels, and other British souvenirs.  But considering the cost of keeping the royal family going and all that goes with it, is it worth it?  Just wondering your thoughts.

@Puppy Lips  My thought is that this is a different subject for its own thread, and I didn't mean to start yet another debate on this board about the usefulness of the royal family. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The showed the respect that was expected of him, Barack Obama also was a Yarmulke at the wall as well

Well yes of course he did, as do all the dignitaries that visit the wall.  I didn't think it was incongruous on Obama because he isn't going to be the head of the Church of England.  But sure, William wore it out of respect, as well he should.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

T he british people want them,plain and simple ,william is a really nice man,his mother would be pround of both her sons.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

His great grandmother, princess Alice, was really a beauty, in her younger years. @Pearlee  Anglican preists might wear  a beanie, as we call them ,their vestments are quite smiliar to catholic priests . Catholic Bishops wear them, as does the pope. I can't recall the Latin name for them.

The proper Latin name is zucchettos

Honored Contributor

There is a very nice photo slideshow of William's visit on Yahoo news site, including a closeup of him placing his prayer into the wailing wall.

Trusted Contributor

AWESOME.   In this world we live in right now....this is what ITS ALL ABOUT !

The picture says it all. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

His great grandmother, princess Alice, was really a beauty, in her younger years. @Pearlee  Anglican preists might wear  a beanie, as we call them ,their vestments are quite smiliar to catholic priests . Catholic Bishops wear them, as does the pope. I can't recall the latin name for them.

@cherry  Zucchetto (pl zucchetti)  derived from Italian for pumpkin  (zucca).  The zucchetto resembles 1/2 of a pumpkin.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Image result for princessAlice