Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prince Phllip Car Crash/Unhurt

In case no one heard this, Prince Phillip is back out driving a brand new SUV. He did get a warning the other day about not having a seat belt on.

Honored Contributor

Did he post about the new car on the Royal Family's Facebook??

Honored Contributor

I think the women should sue him and keep this in the public eye. I am so sick of these privileged free loaders getting a free pass.LOL This driving obsession with the elderly is nothing new and you can only see how dangerous it is with young eyes. Like they say, "unless it affects you, you are not against it".

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

He is 97 and driving?  I’m sorry, but perception and reflexes are just not up to par at that age. Shame no one dealt with it before the crash. Lucky it wasn’t worse- 

@Skyegirl21

ITA .... he's old and feeble, and unable to go to public appearances anymore ..... but they still let him DRIVE?  Seriously?   They are either stupid or crazy to let this go on.  

They shouldn't take away his license ....  they should take away the CAR KEYS ....  and probably the car, as well.

If he whines about wanting his wheels, get the old geezer a bicycle.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding the woman involved in the accident with Prince Phillip and is  wearing a cast due to a broken wrist is not happy with being ignored by the royal family.  She feels they should at least acknowledge her by contacting her with an apology and a bunch of flowers.  Since from what is being said, Prince Phillip is at fault and contacting the woman who was injured would be the right thing to do.   The prince doesn't personally have to contact her but certainly a member of their staff could, it just might keep her quiet because as of right  now it appears she isn't going to give up. 

Personally I agree with her and if she decides to file a complaint against him she would be within her rights to do so.  Being royal should not give one the right to get away with the laws the common people have to obey. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr - I saw a short piece on the new car this morning on the news with him driving it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

"The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you."  That's a crazy note to make.  Emma must remember them every time she realizes her arm is in a sling.  I thought the Royals were less tone-deaf.

@ValuSkr

That's nowhere near the apology they should have made.  This probably caused her to lose work and wages.

I think the royals take themselves WAY too seriously.   What a poor excuse for an apology ....   and how pathetic.

Frequent Contributor

A bone break is a big deal and I hope she successfully sues them because those small bones affect not only the wrist movement but your fingers too and she could also have nerve damage.  They need to pay her at least a million for taking away her perfectly functioning wrist. She won't be able to lift with that arm either for a long time.  She's going to have a lot of swelling too if she tries to use her arm too soon.  One could say oh it's no big deal it's just her wrist.  Any bone break in an adult is a big deal. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

According to the latest news reports the police have spoke to Philip about driving without a seat belt. Who cares if he wants to risk his life? But if he is out on public roads that's another story. If he had pulled out of the private drive onto the major highway a second or 2 later instead of the other driver hitting him he would have broadsided her. He was driving a Land Rover and she was in a Kia. It would not have been a good outcome. The lack of concern for other  people is just beyond the pale. They should not be above the law.

@50Mickey

And not only was Phillip driving a Land Rover, it's an armoured Land Rover, making it much, much heavier!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I agree it shows a total lack of concern on his part, of others ,he comes first in his mind.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.