Honored Contributor

Prince Phillip Gives Up Driver's License

[ Edited ]

From TMZ.com:

"Prince Phillip, won't be getting behind the wheel again any time soon ... because he's turned in his license following a scary crash last month.

A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace tells TMZ ... "After careful consideration, The Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving licence."

Norfolk police have confirmed with us the Duke voluntarily turned in his license to officers Saturday, and tell us the investigation of the collision has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service. We're told CPS will provide "advice on how to proceed."

As we reported ... Queen Elizabeth's 97-year-old husband was fortunate to survive after flipping his SUV in a 2-car crash in January. The woman in the other vehicle suffered a broken wrist.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Phillip Gives Up Driver's License

I bet Queenie had a rough time talking him into that one.  Nobody wants to give up their wheels, teenager or aging prince.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I personally think that was a good decision.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It's a good thing he's doing it now before he seriously injures someone else or himself.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bet Queenie had a rough time talking him into that one.  Nobody wants to give up their wheels, teenager or aging prince.

@Kachina624

LOL! I'll bet she did!

But hey, she can let him tool around Sandringham Estate, it's private, although anyone walking around the grounds may want to look out!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  The Queen simply told him it was either that, or off with his head! 

Honored Contributor

I can’t believe he was still driving at 97.He wasnt very considerate of the safety of others.

Honored Contributor

Where would he go anyway? I guess just a drive around the country side. 

Thankful it ended well.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like him at all.  He gives me the creeps. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Let the hired help chauffeur you around or call Uber. LOL