Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Philip taken to hospital

Older people ,going to the hospital , it not unexpected.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

The subject of the queen stepping down comes up on a regular basis and the spokespeople for the queen have put out statements saying that she will not be retiring or stepping down.

The queen has had a difficult marriage in many years past. It was no secret that her husband was a big time skirt chaser. I have no doubt she will outlive him.

I guess Charlie will just have to wait his turn.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish Prince Phillip a full and complete recovery.

I live in California.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

The article said his was not an emergency admission and he walked into the hospital unaided.  He was feeling unwell; his illness is not COVID-19 related.

Respected Contributor

My prediction, for what it's worth: 

Charles will ascend automatically upon his mother's passing, but he will abdicate shortly thereafter, without the big coronation ceremony, in favor of William.  I don't think Charles has any interest in being the King, especially as he has a son who apparently does.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I hope he will recover from whatever.  The family sure has a lot to deal with lately.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I hope he will recover from whatever.  The family sure has a lot to deal with lately.

Aside from Prince Philip being hospitalized, what exactly is  "a lot they have to deal with lately"?   Sorry, but don't feel badly for them at all living in their castles with all their servants, etc.  I know people who are barely keeping a roof over their heads and truly in dire straits right now. THEY get my sympathy, not the RF.

Valued Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Charles will ascend automatically upon his mother's passing, but he will abdicate shortly thereafter, without the big coronation ceremony, in favor of William.  I don't think Charles has any interest in being the King, especially as he has a son who apparently does.

---

I cannot comprehend how Americans come up with these ridiculous ideas.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I don't think there is a chance in you know where that Charles will step down.  I think he has been waiting for this his whole life.  Not that he wants anything to happen to his mother, but when it does, he will become king and remain king until he dies.

Respected Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

---

I cannot comprehend how Americans come up with these ridiculous ideas.

Maybe it's because we have an imagination.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York