Valued Contributor

Re: Prince Philip taken to hospital

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

My prediction, for what it's worth: 

Charles will ascend automatically upon his mother's passing, but he will abdicate shortly thereafter, without the big coronation ceremony, in favor of William.  I don't think Charles has any interest in being the King, especially as he has a son who apparently does.

---

I cannot comprehend how Americans come up with these ridiculous ideas.

Maybe it's because we have an imagination.  

---

Or wild fancy, bordering on delusional thinking.

Honored Contributor

The Queen is 94 .....and she could drop dead any time. That is what happens when you are really old. You live a day at a time.  Charles is just waiting waiting waiting for THAT moment with anticipation I am sure. Not that he does not love his Mother....but come on IT'S TIME! 

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

He's 100, I think.  Wonder if Charles will take over if the Queen steps down when Philip passes.

Actually still 99.  The queen has very longevity genes. Her mother died over 100.   So far she hasn't done it.  Personally I don't think she will. 

@songbird I agree.  I think she seems happy to attend events and she does it very well.  

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Charles will ascend automatically upon his mother's passing, but he will abdicate shortly thereafter, without the big coronation ceremony, in favor of William.  I don't think Charles has any interest in being the King, especially as he has a son who apparently does.

I don't think there is a chance in you know where that Charles will step down.  I think he has been waiting for this his whole life.  Not that he wants anything to happen to his mother, but when it does, he will become king and remain king until he dies.

@faeriemoon I'm not sure what Charles would do.  He seems to be an advocate for various policies and I'm not sure a King can do that.  Not one of my favorite people, but he seems a smart person.  

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I don't think there is a chance in you know where that Charles will step down.  I think he has been waiting for this his whole life.  Not that he wants anything to happen to his mother, but when it does, he will become king and remain king until he dies.

@faeriemoon I'm not sure what Charles would do.  He seems to be an advocate for various policies and I'm not sure a King can do that.  Not one of my favorite people, but he seems a smart person.  

Of course he can do that! The royal family makes up the "rules" for the royal family. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tadaki wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Of course he can do that! The royal family makes up the "rules" for the royal family. 

Interesting.  It always seemed as though the Queen supported whatever policies were put forth by the party in power.  I'm definitely no expert.  That was just my impression.