Respected Contributor

With a smart set of wheels, a backpack and a cheeky grin, this is easy rider Prince Louis.

Today is his third birthday – and he posed for this photo on his first day of nursery school.

The Duchess of Cambridge snapped the delightful portrait, which was released by Kensington Palace last night.

It was taken at the palace on Wednesday, shortly before Prince Louis left for his first day at the Willcocks Nursery School.

Beaming at the camera, Louis looks ready for his big day, sporting a smart blue and white striped shirt, navy blue sweater and sky blue shorts.

Prince Louis appeared in high spirits as he posed for this photo before leaving for his first day at the Willcocks Nursery School in Kensington

Prince Louis aged one year old

The royal (pictured top at the age of one and bottom at the age of two) will follow in the footsteps of Princess Charlotte, who attended Willcocks, in Kensington.

The royal at the age of two

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

With a smart set of wheels, a backpack and a cheeky grin, this is easy rider Prince Louis.

Today is his third birthday – and he posed for this photo on his first day of nursery school.

The Duchess of Cambridge snapped the delightful portrait, which was released by Kensington Palace last night.

It was taken at the palace on Wednesday, shortly before Prince Louis left for his first day at the Willcocks Nursery School.

Beaming at the camera, Louis looks ready for his big day, sporting a smart blue and white striped shirt, navy blue sweater and sky blue shorts.

Prince Louis appeared in high spirits as he posed for this photo before leaving for his first day at the Willcocks Nursery School in Kensington

Prince Louis aged one year old

The royal (pictured top at the age of one and bottom at the age of two) will follow in the footsteps of Princess Charlotte, who attended Willcocks, in Kensington.

The royal at the age of two

@lmt   Thank you for posting these.  I think that one is going to be the one that is going to hog the camera, the girls, the fun and his leadership will outshine the rest of the family.  I probably won't live to see him as an adult, but I love this one (although the other two are darling).

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

Thanks for posting...it is a joy to see such a happy, sweet-faced little boy.

So precious!

Honored Contributor

He's adorable!

Wow - 3 years' old.  Time flies.

Super Contributor

Happy Birthday Louis 🎂

Respected Contributor

A darling little boy!  All their children are lovely.

Respected Contributor

All of the Cambridge kids are cute, but little Louis is extra, extra adorable.

He always looks like he's so happy and down for a little fun.

He's just an adorable little imp!!

Honored Contributor

All their children are so precious.

Valued Contributor

He's a cutie.  Looks a lot like his mama.  He seems mature for three and, wow, it appears no training wheels on his bike.

Honored Contributor

That look says "UH OH!  I'm the one!"  Woman Very Happy

I think his sister's probably "the one" though!  Woman Wink