Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry says no one wants the "Throne."

@Noel7 Better to not post the photo, but they met up when Mr O was in Europe recently.

Remember when Prince George was wearing his pj's when he met Mr O? That was just the cutest photo ever.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Now this may seem like a mean comment to make, but, I personally feel like the Queen needs to step down and let the next person step up to the job. She owes it to her Son. I think she is one of those people who feel no one else can do the job as good as she can. It is all pomp and circumstance anyway, the Queen really does nothing.  She should retire.

@SeaMaiden  Kings and Queens of England serve for life. They don't have "retirement."   Elizabeth is traditional and, just as she didn't become queen until her father died, Charles won't become king until Elizabeth dies.   That's the way it is.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Now this may seem like a mean comment to make, but, I personally feel like the Queen needs to step down and let the next person step up to the job. She owes it to her Son. I think she is one of those people who feel no one else can do the job as good as she can. It is all pomp and circumstance anyway, the Queen really does nothing.  She should retire.

@SeaMaiden  Kings and Queens of England serve for life. They don't have "retirement."   Elizabeth is traditional and, just as she didn't become queen until her father died, Charles won't become king until Elizabeth dies.   That's the way it is.

Even if they are a dementia case or the like? 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Harry will be taken to the woodshed by the Queen for those remarks!

Evidently not @Pearlee  She's been supporting him and telling him to take his time making decisions as to what the wants.

@Noel7      She scolded him for revealing too much about his feelings lately.

Besides, what you described is a lot different than what he stated.  Making decisions privately and blabbing in public is quite different.  And what he said would, I think, make some Britains who pay taxes that help support the royal family call to end it.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

@Pearlee

Oh?   Were you there when the queen was scolding Harry .... or are you such good friends with the queen that she tells you everything?   lol

@Tinkrbl44  No, but I read in from three or four different legitimate sources.  LOL right back at you.

Among them were Page Six and The Enquirer, no doubt.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  If you would read English history you'd see that throughout history there have been many demented English royals.Esp. back in the days when they used to intermarry a lot.

Royalty has become useless in the modern world but some countries don't seem to mind paying out a lot of money to support them.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Harry will be taken to the woodshed by the Queen for those remarks!

Evidently not @Pearlee  She's been supporting him and telling him to take his time making decisions as to what the wants.

@Noel7      She scolded him for revealing too much about his feelings lately.

Besides, what you described is a lot different than what he stated.  Making decisions privately and blabbing in public is quite different.  And what he said would, I think, make some Britains who pay taxes that help support the royal family call to end it.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

@Pearlee

Oh?   Were you there when the queen was scolding Harry .... or are you such good friends with the queen that she tells you everything?   lol

@Tinkrbl44  No, but I read in from three or four different legitimate sources.  LOL right back at you.

Among them were Page Six and The Enquirer, no doubt.

@Tinkrbl44  Wrong ------ again.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Even if they are a dementia case or the like? 

At her coronation speech she said she would serve for life and I believe she will do whatever it takes to keep that promise. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  If you would read English history you'd see that throughout history there have been many demented English royals.Esp. back in the days when they used to intermarry a lot.

Royalty has become useless in the modern world but some countries don't seem to mind paying out a lot of money to support them.

That may be your opinion @151949 but it doesn't match the reality in the UK.

If you missed the stats already given, something like 83% of Brits WANT TO KEEP THE MONARCHY. 

AND... the Monarchy makes money for the UK, mostly by generating trourism and with tours given on their properties.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

If you missed the stats already given, something like 83% of Brits WANT TO KEEP THE MONARCHY. 

AND... the Monarchy makes money for the UK, mostly by generating trourism and with tours given on their properties.

As well as the long lines of people to see the Crown Jewels and all the people who watch the changing of the guard.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

As well as the long lines of people to see the Crown Jewels and all the people who watch the changing of the guard.

Right, DH and I hit those right away!