Honored Contributor

Prince Harry made no '100 mile dash' to pick up Meghan

Harry, 33, and his 35-year-old girlfriend drove down to Berkshire early on Saturday morning and immediately headed for Engelfield House, the grand privately owned Elizabethan home where the wedding breakfast would be taking place.

According to well-placed sources, he and Meghan were given a private suite in the sprawling country house in which to refresh and change (contrary to reports which suggested that the prince made a 100-mile dash to London later in the afternoon to collect her from Kensington Palace).

Harry then made his way to the wedding ceremony at St Mark’s Church, also situated on the Engelfield estate, with his brother, Prince William, who had joined him along with his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, and their two children.

The couple were reunited afterward the wedding breakfast – which the prince attended on his own – but arrived together for the evening reception at the Middleton family home shortly after it started at 7pm, with Harry driving them himself.

According to one onlooker Harry and Meghan stayed until the early hours of the morning by which time many members of the wedding party were drunk.

The prince, however, was on his best behaviour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4529296/Truth-Harry-s-100-mile-dash.html

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Prince Harry made no '100 mile dash' to pick up Meghan

I didn't think he drove 100 miles round trip to get her and bring her to the reception.  That would make no sense.

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Harry, 33, and his 35-year-old girlfriend drove down to Berkshire early on Saturday morning and immediately headed for Engelfield House, the grand privately owned Elizabethan home where the wedding breakfast would be taking place.

According to well-placed sources, he and Meghan were given a private suite in the sprawling country house in which to refresh and change (contrary to reports which suggested that the prince made a 100-mile dash to London later in the afternoon to collect her from Kensington Palace).

Harry then made his way to the wedding ceremony at St Mark’s Church, also situated on the Engelfield estate, with his brother, Prince William, who had joined him along with his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, and their two children.

The couple were reunited afterward the wedding breakfast – which the prince attended on his own – but arrived together for the evening reception at the Middleton family home shortly after it started at 7pm, with Harry driving them himself.

According to one onlooker Harry and Meghan stayed until the early hours of the morning by which time many members of the wedding party were drunk.

The prince, however, was on his best behaviour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4529296/Truth-Harry-s-100-mile-dash.html

the Daily Mail gets a lot of things incorrect...even though I think they have more gossipy news than tmz...they get many things wrong....everytime they say how much the Middletons house is worth it goes up...also the cost of the tent goes up everytime too...just two things off the top of my head...they are the ones reporting MM ould only attend the reception, then they are wondering why she wasnt at the wedding.....I still like them better than tmz....its gotten so hip-hop...I really dont care about 90% of the stories they publsh anymore......DM also identifies people incorrectly in photos often

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I didn't think he drove 100 miles round trip to get her and bring her to the reception.  That would make no sense.

He supposedly drove 100 miles one way to pick her up for the reception! I question that also. It makes more sense that they would stay nearby where the wedding and reception were to be held.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

And we heard so much about it lol.

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

He supposedly drove 100 miles one way to pick her up for the reception! I question that also. It makes more sense that they would stay nearby where the wedding and reception were to be held.

@Yardlie From everything I read about it, it was round trip.  But so what?  If he didn't even do it, why make a big deal out of it?

Honored Contributor

Glad for the clarification...  Still, I'm sorry, I continue not to care how she got there or whether she got there at all...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Yardlie wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Yardlie From everything I read about it, it was round trip.  But so what?  If he didn't even do it, why make a big deal out of it?

@Pearlee ... My mistake. The article I read yesterday sounded like it was 100 one way. I thought, "Who would do that?!" All those preliminary articles that we read about an event are loaded with errors. You are right....I read today that she was already present in the town where the wedding and reception were held.  Still waiting to see Meghan and Pippa's reception dresses.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Glad for the clarification...  Still, I'm sorry, I continue not to care how she got there or whether she got there at all...

Woman Wink

Now, @stevieb, you know that you know that such a post will elicit "Then why did you open the thread?" :-)

I do agree with you (with no disrespect whatsoever for the OP), but then I'm not a royal lover or loyalist, to put it mildly, although it's been fun talking about the attire.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I know @suzyQ3... Me bad... But sometimes it's worth the admonition to speak one's mind... Besides, in this instance I was gratified to have it confirmed that the prince was able to forgo that long, arduous journey... which I had always assumed was 'fake news'...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...