Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Mehgan expecting Baby #2

[ Edited ]

@HaileyB  Not all of the royal grandchildren are considered 'senior' royals, and not all of them, for most of their lives, received such significant benefits and stipends, including those from the Duchy of Cornwall via Charles, the heir apparent to the throne, in exchange for their performing certain 'royal' duties. Only Harry, William and their spouses were in that little club. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with Harry and his wife walking away from it all. Sometimes, however, it's now what you do but how you do it. I could go on, but let's face it, their detractors are not going to convince their advocates, and their advocates are not going to convince their detractors... I said it above, they strike me as dilettantes... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HaileyB wrote:
@KarenQVCthe lifestyle agrees with them! Must be refreshing to escape the taunts and jabs and threats to Meghan and her child. Its a shame that people act like animals and the Sussexes werent safe in England. I have a different view of the brits these days.
At least Meghan and Harry are not being chased and spied on and lied about like they were in the UK. 🙏 they continue to thrive in the US.

@HaileyB Well who wouldn't (edited to add "like to" which got lost when I moved this paragraph) like to walk away from responsibility and trot off to live as they wish on unmerited wealth?  I would!  I am sure you would--or maybe have. 

If you remember his mother was not well served as far as protection and safety after she left her life as a member of the Royal Family.  If he wanted security and protection for him and his family, he had the best in the world and walked away.  You can't argue that. 

If he wanted privacy and a quiet life, he and his wife have done everything humanly possible to avoid it and stay in the press limelight.  So I'm not sure what his problem is that other people, the press or his family have caused.  I don't see how you could argue that either. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, these threads become The War of the Roses. Pointless back and forth covering the same ground.  Nothing will change, but there's nothing else about which one may opine.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarpleIt doesn't take much speculation to figure out that a now Hollywood couple with deals in the making would have a PR team.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Yeah, these threads become The War of the Roses. Pointless back and forth covering the same ground.  Nothing will change, but there's nothing else about which one may opine.

Agree; those who dispise them will never give them credit for anything, and those of us who don't understand the hatred, and try to defend them to a point, are accused of fawning over them.  

We really must be out of things to discuss around here...

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Agree; those who dispise them will never give them credit for anything, and those of us who don't understand the hatred, and try to defend them to a point, are accused of fawning over them.  

@faeriemoon No, we aren't out of topics as you pointed out with your post--which found this topic interesting as did I and many others. 

Esteemed Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 11.49.31 AM.png

Regardless of what anyone says here, nothing can take away from the look of pure bliss shared by Harry & Meghan.

The look on their faces reminds me of how completely thrilled we were when we learned we were adding to our own family.

Wishing them and their new little one all the happiness that true love and new life brings. 

Congratulations Meghan & Harry! Heart Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Just as those who seem to appreciate them, whatever their reasons, never seem able to see their flaws, being too busy accusing those who don't care for them of nefarious motives... It really does cut both ways...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Your argument is weak. Her Majesty's grandchildren have all received perks from their association with the Queen. Every one of them was raised lavishly and had the best from the holdings of each of their parents. You dont think Anne and Edward finance their children from their holdings?
Lets not even get into Prince Pedo who lives on the dole while trafficking in teenage girls. But nay, nay, that's ok. He can continue living at Royal Lodge, riding horses and throwing lavish weddings for his daughters and THEY dont need to be labeled "senior royals" and herded into a life they may not want.
Thats only for Harry and Meghan for illogical but discernible reasons. 👀👀👀👀👀
Honored Contributor

@HaileyB wrote:
@Cakers3imagine speculating a grandfather dislikes his own grandchild for falling in love, starting a family and earning his own money and helping others. It doesn't make sense.

@HaileyB @You certainly ignore a lot about this couple. Hypocrisy, disrespect, greed, selfishness. You're looking mighty good in those rose-colored glasses. 

@Cakers3  There aren't haters here other than those calling people they disagree with haters with the usual innuendo about them.