Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Mehgan expecting Baby #2

It's done on purpose so the mods will shut down the thread.

Any happiness is not allowed.

Some are angry inside themselves-and it isn't really about H&M-it's about their own dislike of themselves.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I wonder if she'll allow him to return to see his ailing grandfather.

@SydneyH  It might upset his grandfather to see him which wouldn't be good fir the ailing Philip since he's made his family so angry.

Speculation like this makes me wonder about the intellectual capacity of some posters here...

Esteemed Contributor

To me, their only perceived "crime" seems to be the desire to actually engage in real work and endeavors in exchange for appropriate compensation,  rather than simply subsist on the public dole. 

Contributor

@Johnnyeager but the majority of Her Majesty's grandchildren do the same. Eugenie works (art gallery, maybe) and Jack is the manager for Casamigos Tequila in Europe. No one questions their integrity or respect for the crown. No one questions if they are "money grubbing" since its reported that they are living at Frogmore. Why?
Honored Contributor

Re: tRe: Prince Harry and Mehgan expecting Baby #2

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I wonder if it was a coincidence or planned that she announced her pregnancy, just as Princess Di did on Valentine's Day for her second pregnancy.

Lindsayss Grandma  I don't think either of them ever misses a beat when it comes to invoking Diana's memory...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee  Hard to choose but probably my favorite line from the whole piece:

"Now you are widely regarded as a sanctimonious, selfish young man who tells others how to lead their lives while you enjoy a life of luxury that is unimaginable except to a tiny few."

As for questioning whether there is anything that would make him return home, I think the bigger question at this point is whether there's anyone over there who would actually want him to, especially if she's part of the return engagement...

------

The tiny few, such as the Royal Family. A lifestyle that he was born into, but didn't choose; a lifestyle that he was raised to lead, from birth. 

Oh please, regardless of where the funds are coming from, they don't seem to be walking away from that lavish lifestyle now do they..,

Honored Contributor

@HaileyB wrote:
@Cakers3imagine speculating a grandfather dislikes his own grandchild for falling in love, starting a family and earning his own money and helping others. It doesn't make sense.

I guess my question is what he, or for that matter, either of them has done to 'earn' their own money, other, of course, than to parlay the royal connection they both rejected, both refusing to do their fair share of the work... They strike me as dilettantes...

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

To me, their only perceived "crime" seems to be the desire to actually engage in real work and endeavors in exchange for appropriate compensation,  rather than simply subsist on the public dole. 

Again, what is this 'real work' they're engaged in... Living on the public dole versus living off a name... Neither is 'real work'...

Contributor

@stevieb why are you asking the question only of the Sussex couple and not of all Her Majesty's grandchildren? What is it about the Sussexes that compel you to hold them to greater standard and scrutiny?
Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

According to Robert Lacey's most recent book, Battle of Brothers, this is not a family that gets on that well with each other.

Apparently, there has been a great deal of animosity between Harry and William throughout their adult years, and Harry did not want to be under William's "control"  for any part of the rest of his life.

This seems to be a pattern in the family, as things did not turn out well for Margaret, who had fewer options for giving it all up. 

It is also known that Charles and his "spare," Andrew (prior to Charles' sons) have always had a contentious relationship.

None among us actually knows what is fact, but Robert Lacey's offering is certainly more respected than the tabloid accounts.

The family also has a history of unhappy sons who want to do exactly as they please and thumb their nose at everyone rather than take their responsibility.  And sometimes an American woman is involved.  Ironic isn't it?

For England, the time it happened in WWII times, turned out it was one of the biggest blessings the country had!