Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Archie Side by Side

@KKJ  That happens all of the time with my grandson (13), who was adopted as a newborn. My son and DIL have been very open about it, but friends and even extended family members forget and comments are made about how much he resembles each of his parents! We smile and let the comments go.

They are harmless and actually, flattering to our family. It's sort of like old married couples who begin to look alike! Perhaps environment does play a larger part then we realize?

It's an open adoption and when his birth father is at family gatherings, I no longer see much physical resemblence. They do share an amazing musical ability, which my grandson (and his parents) are pursueing with vigor.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I had a friend who adopted a baby and people constantly said who the baby looked like. Some people even knew the baby was adopted. Humans are funny sometimes.

Funny?   I'd say more like they are incredibly rude,  just as people who spread hurtful gossip regarding Harry's or anyone else's parentage.

@KKJ  Well that is why I used the word sometimes. It is funny and innocent if the intention is to be kind. I agree it is rude and hurtful if the intention is to be mean. But really who is going to say an adopted child looks like the parents to be mean. Come on that would be rare. As for Harry or anyone else’s parentage I never commented or hearted once on this board. Don’t put words in my mouth please.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I had a friend who adopted a baby and people constantly said who the baby looked like. Some people even knew the baby was adopted. Humans are funny sometimes.

Funny?   I'd say more like they are incredibly rude,  just as people who spread hurtful gossip regarding Harry's or anyone else's parentage.

@KKJ  Well that is why I used the word sometimes. It is funny and innocent if the intention is to be kind. I agree it is rude and hurtful if the intention is to be mean. But really who is going to say an adopted child looks like the parents to be mean. Come on that would be rare. As for Harry or anyone else’s parentage I never commented or hearted once on this board. Don’t put words in my mouth please.

The second sentence of my post was not attributed to you but rather the person who posted about "who Harry's real father is"  from an earlier post.

Honored Contributor

IDK, but for some reason I am a bit surprised that a poster would comment that she doesn't think that the baby is particularly cute.

To me, that's something that I'd never say publicly. It's so unnecessary and kind of tacky.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

IDK, but for some reason I am a bit surprised that a poster would comment that she doesn't think that the baby is particularly cute.

To me, that's something that I'd never say publicly. It's so unnecessary and kind of tacky

@suzyQ3 

Bedides baby is very cute. My opinion of course.

Generaly spiking all babies cute. How u can say they dont?

Honored Contributor

@Mlsg wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

To me, that's something that I'd never say publicly. It's so unnecessary and kind of tacky

@suzyQ3 

Bedides baby is very cute. My opinion of course.

Generaly spiking all babies cute. How u can say they dont?

@Mlsg    All babies are cute and a gift from God.  Precious, precious.  Some might be more pleasant than others due to various reasons, illness, etc., that some are not pleasant due to pain, etc., but all babies are darling and precious.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Did it ever come out who is Harry's true Father?  I know there was gossip.  Now there is a Grandchild it should be proven.  IMO

At your insistance, I am sure they will now, and notify you ASAP. Should The Palace reach you directly here on the QVC Forum with the test results?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Lastly, just for fun, I believe little Archie looks longingly at a tray of sweet treats just the same way I do. 😋🧁

32968EA3-9D3D-4D87-9346-47012800322F.jpeg

@Maltichonmom17 ...I just quoted this part of your post because it is just too adorable for words!...Just look at that precious little face eyeing those goodies and hoping to make a grab for one if only Mommy would let loose of her grip just a wee bit!..I love it!  Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

@MyShadowLove, that spontaneous picture of little Archie is my favorite of all that were taken. It’s just too adorable for words. What a little sweetheart he is. 🥰

Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Lastly, just for fun, I believe little Archie looks longingly at a tray of sweet treats just the same way I do. 😋🧁

32968EA3-9D3D-4D87-9346-47012800322F.jpeg

@Maltichonmom17 ...I just quoted this part of your post because it is just too adorable for words!...Just look at that precious little face eyeing those goodies and hoping to make a grab for one if only Mommy would let loose of her grip just a wee bit!..I love it!  Woman Very Happy

How would a four month old know anything about sweets? To me, he is looking past the trays. Always nice to see devoted parents who adore their child.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky