Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Archie Side by Side

This baby is beautiful and I would not ever be the one to make a comment about his complexion shade.

but just want to say that when my son was a newborn, one of the first things a family member said (she had a biracial child) was “white babies look so sickly”

People often have no filters.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had a friend who adopted a baby and people constantly said who the baby looked like. Some people even knew the baby was adopted. Humans are funny sometimes.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

When our second son was born, my mother in law looked at him and said, “He has (my name) colored skin.” My husband is fair so I guess I am a shade or two darker. The comment sounded like my son had a disease or something. So yes, people comment on skin color and I see nothing wrong with it. That being said, I don’t think Archie is a particularly cute baby, but that is just my opinion of course. Happy for his parents.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Just to add to my last post, it was the way my MIL phrased it that made it sound bad. To say someone is fair skinned or has a dark complexion is just an observation like hair and eye color. It is what it is.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I will never understand the endless speculation regarding Prince Harry’s DNA. There is a striking family resemblance between Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Prince Harry.

0A87F2EE-B3D8-4EF1-AF45-E5D9D0A2EB01.jpeg

They all share the same close and deep set eyes, brow ridge and nose bridge. Harry’s resemblance to his dad was most striking in his pre beard days.

7FB58302-B2C4-4FB9-A6DA-C42D944EB385.jpeg

I do think though, that Harry most resembles his grandfather. The resemblance through the years amazes me. If it wasn't for that distinctive Spencer hair and complexion, they would be twinning. 

6ABA58EB-CAEC-4F38-BF91-C295F2E92AB7.jpeg

As for little Archie, he is just the sweetest little baby boy ever. 🥰

He is his dad’s little mini me and he definitely is carrying on that family resemblance. 

F2A79A48-B8CF-4A6D-B65C-77A08C60078B.jpeg

BC1B3AEC-383F-4283-8D6D-A47F6C28058F.jpeg

Lastly, just for fun, I believe little Archie looks longingly at a tray of sweet treats just the same way I do. 😋🧁

32968EA3-9D3D-4D87-9346-47012800322F.jpeg

Respected Contributor

That last pic! Meghan calls him Bubba! And he's looking at those cakes like he could eat the entire tray.
Honored Contributor

I love that she calls him Bubba

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I had a friend who adopted a baby and people constantly said who the baby looked like. Some people even knew the baby was adopted. Humans are funny sometimes.

Funny?   I'd say more like they are incredibly rude,  just as people who spread hurtful gossip regarding Harry's or anyone else's parentage.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@BirkiLady 

Because I think he looks like Prince Philip and Charles Spencer is not questioning his paternity.  

@Nonametoday 

Frankly, I don't care! Have no idea why you argue with everyone about such an insignificant thread. Please keep me off your radar in the future. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ditto for me. I never even addressed you or argued with anyone!!!

Thank you and well  said @BirkiLady