Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Archie Side by Side

I forgot to add....I had trouble figuring out who was who!  

Then I studied the pictures and I can see some of the adult Harry....

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Did it ever come out who is Harry's true Father?  I know there was gossip.  Now there is a Grandchild it should be proven.  IMO

Harry was born before Diana took any lovers.  Several years.  Charles is the father.  All the Spencers are redheads.  Diana was the exception of being blond.  All her siblings were redheads.  it's the same old thing.  You always know who your mother is.  It's difficult for human women to give birth alone.  there is almost always a witness.  You are never  sure (no matter how sure you think of your father), of the possibility he might not be.  That includes ALL of us.  That is human biology.  That is age old reason for marriage.  You need a father biologically or not.... to support the child. You always start out with a mother.  You can never be certain of your father.....as much as you would like to.

@songbird   Yes, and the reason the Biblical Jews would not recognize their children as Jews if the mother was not Jewish.  Back then there was no way to prove paternity.

That's why the religion passed through the mother.  Only parent you are certain of.   Actually until they were able to get DNA, there was no certainly of who your father was. But your mom stays with you for life.

Respected Contributor

OMG @Annabellethecat66!!! Deviated scrotum! I almost choked on my bagel 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Always looking for a dig... There is absolutely nothing wrong with noting the baby has fair skin. The same comment about a child's skin tone could and would be made about virtually any baby, regardless of his parentage...  The child is fair skinned and nobody said he got bonus points for being so... It was simply an observation... He's a cute baby...

Wondering to one's self and wondering out loud are two different things.  In this day and age it's best wonder to yourself.  It is a sensitive topic and we really don't know the intent of every poster on the board.  I would assume most here who would post a comment like that would do it innocently.

I understand your point of view, but perhaps it's time we got beyond that level of 'sensitivity' or hypersensitivity, as the case might be. I have rarely been around any group of people where there's a new baby in the midst and not heard comments about hair color, eye color, skin tone, weight, the amount of hair and on and on... Ignoring the obvious makes the matter a bigger deal than it is... Regardless of intent, the statement, (not the wondering...) was that this baby appears to have fair skin, which he does...

@stevieb Of course it's time!!! But we're not there yet.  Until we are, you have to watch what you say.

@faeriemoon   So are you suggesting nobody has an opinion aside from you!

I don't see how watching what you say is an opinion issue.  If you knowingly say something that might be hurtful to someone else, you shouldn't say it.  If you can't help yourself, and you say it anyway, be aware you might not like the response you receive from others.  You can do whatever you want.

@faeriemoon   You might not agree with what I have to say but I will speak up for your right to say it and I will never try to silence anyone, regardless of how they offend me or anyone else.  Autonomy was our God given right, just as it was for Adam & Eve oh so long ago.  You can try and silence me but you cannot change my mind, not you and not anyone else.  I have a right to think.  Thank God.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The other day I saw fairly recent photos of Harry and Charles.  The photos were adjacent to one another, and Harry and his father each had his head slightly bowed.  There was such a remarkable resemblance apparent in their brow and upper nose area.  I'd never noticed this before.

As I wrote on this or another thread, Harry has a lot of Spencer in him, too.

@golding76   Harry looks just like his granddaddy.  Perhaps the reason you see favor from Charles to Harry is the Phillip gene, but Harry looks much more like Phillip than his own father.  They say it skips a generation and in this case, I think it did.  I think the reason the queen and PP have been partial to Harry is for that reason.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have a mixed racial family ,and I have never encountered this, either

@cherry   What are we all arguing about now?  Dear Lord, can we not stop the arguing and finger-pointing and judge say "what a cute child" because he is and he looks more like his mother (JMHO) and his maternal grandfather, but children change considerably from one month to the next at this age and from one year to the next until they reach adulthood and they as the decades go by, they start getting "not so attractive' (as am I).

Honored Contributor

Name,

I wholeheartedly agree with you!  I've always thought Harry took much from Prince Philip, having seen those two photos posted on this thread at least a year or so ago.  Once I saw those two photos, it brought the family resemblance home for me.

Why did I highlight Harry's unexpected resemblance to Charles in my previous post?  Simply because I had a hard time finding many similarities other than their florid complexions.  When I saw the bridge of the nose in its entirety, plus the brow and eye area, I suddenly saw where Charles and Harry bear a striking resemblance to one another.  But one has to be looking down upon the two at a certain angle to see this.

Honored Contributor

I am not arguing about anything , just stating a fact

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   I am neither trying to silence you or change what you think.  

I think I'm done now.  I've explained it to death, and I understand your position.

Respected Contributor

I have never in my life commented on the color of a baby's skin. Hair, eyes, yes. We all know what the comment implies. Perhaps the commenter did not. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. But it's not an acceptable statement in 2019.