Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Archie Side by Side

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Did it ever come out who is Harry's true Father?  I know there was gossip.  Now there is a Grandchild it should be proven.  IMO

Harry was born before Diana took any lovers.  Several years.  Charles is the father.  All the Spencers are redheads.  Diana was the exception of being blond.  All her siblings were redheads.  it's the same old thing.  You always know who your mother is.  It's difficult for human women to give birth alone.  there is almost always a witness.  You are never  sure (no matter how sure you think of your father), of the possibility he might not be.  That includes ALL of us.  That is human biology.  That is age old reason for marriage.  You need a father biologically or not.... to support the child. You always start out with a mother.  You can never be certain of your father.....as much as you would like to.

@songbird wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Did it ever come out who is Harry's true Father?  I know there was gossip.  Now there is a Grandchild it should be proven.  IMO

Harry was born before Diana took any lovers.  Several years.  Charles is the father.  All the Spencers are redheads.  Diana was the exception of being blond.  All her siblings were redheads.  it's the same old thing.  You always know who your mother is.  It's difficult for human women to give birth alone.  there is almost always a witness.  You are never  sure (no matter how sure you think of your father), of the possibility he might not be.  That includes ALL of us.  That is human biology.  That is age old reason for marriage.  You need a father biologically or not.... to support the child. You always start out with a mother.  You can never be certain of your father.....as much as you would like to.

Well, there is genetic testing.

Not suggesting it, just saying it can be done, and is very accurate.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It may be contrary to what numerous others appear to be hoping, but I hope the child does not have red hair... Sorry, not a fan of red hair, particularly on men... My personal choice and I'm sticking to it... And for the record, I differentiate 'carrot top' red from auburn, which I find more appealing... No offense to vibrant redheads everywhere, but there you have it... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Always looking for a dig... There is absolutely nothing wrong with noting the baby has fair skin. The same comment about a child's skin tone could and would be made about virtually any baby, regardless of his parentage...  The child is fair skinned and nobody said he got bonus points for being so... It was simply an observation... He's a cute baby...

Wondering to one's self and wondering out loud are two different things.  In this day and age it's best wonder to yourself.  It is a sensitive topic and we really don't know the intent of every poster on the board.  I would assume most here who would post a comment like that would do it innocently.

I understand your point of view, but perhaps it's time we got beyond that level of 'sensitivity' or hypersensitivity, as the case might be. I have rarely been around any group of people where there's a new baby in the midst and not heard comments about hair color, eye color, skin tone, weight, the amount of hair and on and on... Ignoring the obvious makes the matter a bigger deal than it is... Regardless of intent, the statement, (not the wondering...) was that this baby appears to have fair skin, which he does...

@stevieb Of course it's time!!! But we're not there yet.  Until we are, you have to watch what you say.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Always looking for a dig... There is absolutely nothing wrong with noting the baby has fair skin. The same comment about a child's skin tone could and would be made about virtually any baby, regardless of his parentage...  The child is fair skinned and nobody said he got bonus points for being so... It was simply an observation... He's a cute baby...

Wondering to one's self and wondering out loud are two different things.  In this day and age it's best wonder to yourself.  It is a sensitive topic and we really don't know the intent of every poster on the board.  I would assume most here who would post a comment like that would do it innocently.

I understand your point of view, but perhaps it's time we got beyond that level of 'sensitivity' or hypersensitivity, as the case might be. I have rarely been around any group of people where there's a new baby in the midst and not heard comments about hair color, eye color, skin tone, weight, the amount of hair and on and on... Ignoring the obvious makes the matter a bigger deal than it is... Regardless of intent, the statement, (not the wondering...) was that this baby appears to have fair skin, which he does...

@stevieb Of course it's time!!! But we're not there yet.  Until we are, you have to watch what you say.

@faeriemoon  I get it... and I know this is certainly the prevailing opinion... That said, I guess I just believe the longer we go around walking on egg shells the longer the mentaity that we must do so persists... Personally, I'm tired of it so, within reason, pretty much say what I think... I try to be sensitive when I think sensitivity is warranted... Clearly, we all must behave as we feel is appropriate for us and I fully agree there are lines that should not be crossed... I guess I just don't personally think this is one of them...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have 2 daughters. One was born with lots of dark hair and brown eyes. The other was born with blue eyes and almost no hair.  People commented on their hair or lack there of, their eyes and their weight but no one ever commented on their skin tone.  Is this something that people do?

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I have 2 daughters. One was born with lots of dark hair and brown eyes. The other was born with blue eyes and almost no hair.  People commented on their hair or lack there of, their eyes and their weight but no one ever commented on their skin tone.  Is this something that people do?

Even if it were common, @50Mickey , I think I'd refrain in this case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady 

Because I think he looks like Prince Philip and Charles Spencer is not questioning his paternity.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well when my daughter in law who is Puerto Rican (dark hair, dark eyes) gave birth to her daughter she yelled loudly “She’s white”?! . A blue eyed blonde courtesy of her father and before that me, we all laughed including the doctor. Hypersensitivity Clouds critical thinking. We all know intent.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon   So are you suggesting nobody has an opinion aside from you!

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Well when my daughter in law who is Puerto Rican (dark hair, dark eyes) gave birth to her daughter she yelled loudly “She’s white”?! . A blue eyed blonde courtesy of her father and before that me, we all laughed including the doctor. Hypersensitivity Clouds critical thinking. We all know intent.

@Nancy Drew, there has been some pretty nasty press from OTHER people regarding this woman, whereas your daughter-in-law was speaking about herself and her newborn.

Because of the former, I just think that a little discretion doesn't hurt. To me, that is critical thinking at work.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland