Respected Contributor

Prince Harry / Princess Diana - Angola

[ Edited ]

posted at The Royal Family/Twitter

In 1997, Diana, Princess of Wales visited Huambo, Angola, to bring global attention to the effect of landmines on people’s lives. 22 years on, The Duke walked along the bustling street which was once the minefield where his mother was pictured.

i hope he felt her presence - and took pride in her bringing attention to this problem.  i am sure he did.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry / Princess Diana - Angola

Diana wasn't just about stylish clothing and attending events.  She chose to make her life about so much more than a social event.  That is why she resonated with the people.  She will be forever in the hearts of many.  Thank you for posting this poignant picture of her. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Diana wasn't just about stylish clothing and attending events.  She chose to make her life about so much more than a social event.  That is why she resonated with the people.  She will be forever in the hearts of many.  Thank you for posting this poignant picture of her. 

@phoenixbrd  she found a way to make a tangible difference - but not to take away at all from  the events that royals attend to bring attention to worthwhile causes which is the financial lifeblood of many charities/foundations.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Harry understands the importance of what it means to be a royal in the modern world. His mother taught him well. Those who are born to great wealth should use that fortune to help people who have nothing.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I think Harry understands the importance of what it means to be a royal in the modern world. His mother taught him well. Those who are born to great wealth should use that fortune to help people who have nothing.

@Vivian i think he was taught well - but i would expand the concept to include that those to whom much is given includes not just monetary wealth, but also innate talents, a big heart, etc.  much is expected of all, each according to her/ his own gifts.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional 

An emotional Prince Harry reflects under the "Diana Tree" planted in Princess Diana's honor, at the spot where she walked through the minefields 22 years ago, when she was also 35.

The Duke of Sussex also took a moment to sit and reflect on the emotional occasion in Angola, pictured, before speaking to locals about the 'wonderful' work done to make the area safe

The Duke of Sussex also took a moment to sit and reflect on the emotional occasion in Angola, pictured, before speaking to locals about the 'wonderful' work done to make the area safe

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ms traditional 

An emotional Prince Harry reflects under the "Diana Tree" planted in Princess Diana's honor, at the spot where she walked through the minefields 22 years ago, when she was also 35.

Heart Woman Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

posted at The Royal Family/Twitter

In 1997, Diana, Princess of Wales visited Huambo, Angola, to bring global attention to the effect of landmines on people’s lives. 22 years on, The Duke walked along the bustling street which was once the minefield where his mother was pictured.

i hope he felt her presence - and took pride in her bringing attention to this problem.  i am sure he did.

Thanks for sharing...I can only imagine what he is thinking as he takes this walk. I loved how his mom Diana would use her position and champion the causes of those without a voice!

Honored Contributor

Princess Diana had a servant's heart and she passed that on to her boys.  Now as men they are doing the same.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."