Honored Contributor

Re: Prince George’s artwork

I am sure he has help by having a lot of art lessons.  King Charles has done some lovely water colors, and I am sure he and instructors have helped George since he could hold a brush.

Being around art also gives kids an eye for design and color, but I'm sure he is is given examples and lessons on a constant basis. It is such a shame most kids aren't exposed to art at an early age and never have the appreciation of so much beauty in the world around them.

Obviously he had direction and help.  

Trusted Contributor

What a talent, this would be a great idea for the family's Christmas card, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Why would anyone think he had help?  He is 9 yrs old. Maybe he was following a picture somewhere or I'm sure he has had art lessons or guidance from his Grandpa.  Maybe he likes art.

I think it is a lovely picture for a 9 yr old.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think he had help, A lot of help.

@Kachina624 I do too, way, way to good for a 9 year old to do by themselves.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think he had help, A lot of help.

@Kachina624 I do too, way, way to good for a 9 year old to do by themselves.

I used to volunteer at an elementary school.  There was a  student named Marianne who was amazing.  She was a natural artist.

The first time she showed me a drawing, it was of a horse.  I didn't believe she drew it.  Her teacher told me she did and wasn't pulling my leg. This child could draw and paint like an adult who had many years of training.

Her art was so good, it startled you......she was only six!  She had no training.

George's painting is good, but not all that great.  I have seen better from a six year old.

Honored Contributor

Nicely done...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a nice drawing. I especially like the snow on the nose.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The negative comments against an nine year old is so mean spirited and they are coming from adults who SHOULD know better!

My grandson has a natural talent and has been drawing since a child.  He was completely capable of drawing this at nine.  

He has a natural talent which I am sure is encouraged at his private school in art class.  I know my grandson was!

Honored Contributor

I think it's pretty amazing!  If it's all his, he's very talented.  He's not the most talented artist but very, very good.  If it were my child's drawing, I would frame & hang it!

Honored Contributor

He's very good!  Probably takes art class in school.  I hope William and Kate put the painting on their fridge.