Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Charles to Walk Meghan Down the Aisle

prince-william-prince-harry-windsor-1526666779.jpgdoria-ragland-cliveden-house-1526666330.jpg

Honored Contributor

Sometimes there is a dreadful "disconnect," shall we say, between parents and their offspring.  I cannot figure out Mr. Markle, but my heart believes that Meghan has never been anything but kind with him.

My thoughts have been turning toward Meghan's mother, Doria.  She must be truly amazed and thrilled by the life her daughter has managed for herself through intelligence, instinct, drive and a predisposition to be involved with the world and to help others.

At this point, some might jump in with a boatload of negatives because that is how they wish to perceive Meghan Markle and wish others to view her.  To that I say nonsense.  I think because Meghan is exceedingly attractive, has that special "it" quality that makes someone glitter and has an elegant and sophisticated way of dress, people will try to underestimate her strengths.

She is bright and has been committed to being on the world stage in a humanitarian capacity long before she had the opportunity to meet Prince Harry.  My thought is that they are both thrilled to be with someone who "legitimizes" and strenghtens their humanitarian instincts to better the world.  They will be a more effective force working as a team.  They know that and I believe the Queen and family know that, too.

Honored Contributor

doria-ragland-meghan-markle-1526666022.jpg

Respected Contributor

I would rather walk down the aisle by myself then have that cheater walk with me anywhere,  

Trusted Contributor

@JBKO  I really could not fathom where some are getting their information. It is incredible how posters who know nothing, have not been to the UK ever speak as though they have insider knowledge. Having recently returned from the UK, I must concur with your opinion as to the "mood" surrounding Prince Charles. Spot on.

Honored Contributor

From what I have read here on this thread, everything is on point. 

Prince Charles will play a significant role, Plesse feel free not to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I've never been to the UK but I love the people and interact with them all the time at my work. I feel that most people think that Charles is a downgrade from the current monarch. At the same time, they probably feel his reign won't be exceedingly long so they might aswell let him be king. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

@JBKO  Speaking as a Brit  - who is still a Brit - who still has a home in the U.K. Travels home every 3 mos. I can say most of my friends and relatives  - which are many over there - do not think of Prince Charles as a 'downgrade.'

DH and I have been fortunate to attend the Queen's garden party, went to Buckingham Palace when my father-in- law received his MBE,  been at Royal Ascot in the Grand Enclosure by invitation so have actually been around events where Prince Charles has been in attendance.  A nicer person you could not wish to meet.

We still have our cottage in Cornwall - Prince Charles being the Duke of Cornwall - and the work and assistance he has put into helping re-invent Cornwall is ongoing and valuable.

I am not putting on airs / just stating facts -  but your comment is totally incorrect hence my reply.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  I have a British friend and she says the same thing. She said Camilla is a charming woman ,and well liked by the sons of Charles

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

P.s. To my reply above I am delighted he is walking Meghan half-way down the aisle.