Honored Contributor

Prince Charles to Walk Meghan Down the Aisle

[ Edited ]

"Meghan Markle has today chosen Prince Charles to walk her down the aisle after her own father let her down in yet another extraordinary twist ahead of the royal wedding.

Prince Harry's father will take the unprecedented step of giving away his son's fiancee at St George's Chapel, Windsor, as millions watch around the world.

The American-born former actress asked him after discussions with Harry and Charles said today he was 'pleased to welcome her to the Royal Family in this way'.

Meghan's mother Doria Ragland had been expected to step in for Thomas Markle, whose deal with a paparazzi photographer threatened to overshadow the biggest and happiest day of his daughter's life. 

The majority of royal fans appear delighted at Meghan's decision, with many pointing out that Charles never had a daughter, but some critics believe the star, 36, should have plumped for Doria or walked to the altar alone."

It came as Prince Philip, 96, confirmed he will be well enough to attend the ceremony after successfully recovering from a hip operation last month.  

Today Meghan and Harry will put days of horrendous family drama behind her as she takes her mother to meet the Queen and huge crowds gathered outside Windsor Castle ahead of tomorrow's wedding." 

Prince Charles said today he was 'pleased to welcome her to the royal family in this way', Kensington Palace revealed in a shock statement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5742749/Smiling-fianc-e-flashing-ring-Meghan-leaves-family-d...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Charles to Walk Meghan Down the Aisle

@KingstonsMom  I will take my article down. I didn't see yours we must have posted about the same time

Honored Contributor

@cherry

No problem! Happens all the time! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Would you mind if I put my link in this thread? It has a lot of photos people might enjoy

Honored Contributor

@cherry

Please do!Heart

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I thought that he might be the one since he does not have a daughter and this is also one of those once-in-a-lifetime event for him.  I think that he is thrilled.  It would be nice if her mother could also walk down the aisle with them.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

That is nice,   rather sad yesterday that her Mother is her only family that will be there,  but they seem to be rather "unsuitable" anyway 

anyone want to do a wedding chat here tomorrow?

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl  I think she is going to, also

Honored Contributor

I was hoping it would be Charles.  I think it's better if her mom can avoid that pressure and just take her place in the church and enjoy the ceremony.