Regular Contributor

Re: Prince Charles, Duchess Kate and Prince Louis

He's the image of his brother!! Adorable.

Honored Contributor

Too cute for words.  I love it in the photo where he's gripping, you can see those little dimpled elbows, sigh.

Respected Contributor

He's adorable and he looks to be one very happy baby!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I know he has had his moments, but his sons adore him, and by all accounts , I have read he does a lot to help the poor ,with his Princes trust

He cares about the environment. It is a shame he and Di didn't work out, but, I for one ,will not pillory someone, for their entire life ,over something that happened decades ago

——-    

I agree.  We don’t  know the whole story, nor do we need to. 

I also think Charles has aged well, and is a more attractive senior, than he was as a younger man. He looks happy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't realize Charles had hit 70... While I know he's been groomed for it his entire life, you have to wonder if, at this point and at some level, he wouldn't just as soon skip his stint on the throne. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Confident Charles will be thrilled with the title, but find the duties associated with the role of King to be tedius and boring. Predict he will step down quickly and William will become King at a relatively young age. William and Kate will perform the duties of King and Queen as the Monarchy desires/expects.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Regular Contributor

This is nice.
Esteemed Contributor

Very sweet photos. I think that over time, Charles and the British public have made peace. One thing he will not be able to do when he becomes king is to give his opinions on issues, particularly political issues. He has been outspoken over the years and he may miss being able to do that. And let’s not forget that he becomes king when his mother dies. That cannot be easy.

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Confident Charles will be thrilled with the title, but find the duties associated with the role of King to be tedius and boring. Predict he will step down quickly and William will become King at a relatively young age. William and Kate will perform the duties of King and Queen as the Monarchy desires/expects.  

@BirkiLady  I think he will embrace his duty as King. There may be more government issues to deal with once he becomes King, but I don't think being King will be that much different than being Prince of Wales. He's also been standing in for the Queen at certain events these past few years. He's already had his share of monotonous duties over these many decades.

Charles has been goomed to be King since the day he was born. I think he will take his role as seriously as Elizabeth did when she became Queen. I don't see him stepping down anytime soon in favor of William. He's very passionate about many things, especially the enviroment. I imagine he'll want to push his agenda as long as he can as King. 

If Charles only ruled for 10 years and stepped down, William's children would only be 15, 13 and 10. Charles has stated how lonely it was for him growing up when his mother was away so much of the time. I think he would want to give William more time to be with his young family.

Although Queen Elizabeth has always stated that she'll never abdicate, there have been rumors that she may do just that when she turns 95. I guess time will tell. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Very sweet photos. I think that over time, Charles and the British public have made peace. One thing he will not be able to do when he becomes king is to give his opinions on issues, particularly political issues. He has been outspoken over the years and he may miss being able to do that. And let’s not forget that he becomes king when his mother dies. That cannot be easy.

@Vivian- I agree that Charles and the British public seem to have made peace, but I'm not sure about his wife Camilla. There are still many people who loved Diana and are not forgiving Charles for what he did, nor are they forgiving Camilla, who they consider the homewrecker (among other things). But she does have some GORGEOUS jewelry!

What would Camilla be if Charles becomes king? I know she's got a title now, but still. She will never be the queen or anything near that title. I'm not crazy about her (not that it matters) but Charles seems to adore her, so who am I to say?

As long as everyone is happy and nobody is hurt, I guess it's all good.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett