Honored Contributor

I had a air mattress in my cart ,for weeks now  it was$34.00 ,today it is $45.00 !!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Pricing varies and can change from day to day on any item. If you've had the item in your cart "for weeks", it's not at all surprising that there was a price increase. Just putting something in your cart doesn't reserve the merchandise or lock in the price for you. 

There's a set of Callaway Rouge X irons that I've been looking at and the price has varied by as much as $200. They're not on any kind of sale today. However; the price of security camera I've been interested in has dropped $16. 

Prime Day is just another sales gimmick. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

===================================

Yep.

As the saying goes, "don't fall for the okie doke."

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

I bought three Fire Sticks.

But you have to be very careful.  Prime Day IS a gimmick.

Trusted Contributor

I think most of the best deals will be on Amazon-owned electronic products.  Once in a while I'll buy (assuming it's a discontinued style) a Michael Kors top on Amazon for a reasonable price.  I looked this morning for any type of prime deals and there was nothing I could find.  Like others have said prime-day is a great marketing tool to get a potential buyer to check out the website.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Pricing varies and can change from day to day on any item. If you've had the item in your cart "for weeks", it's not at all surprising that there was a price increase. Just putting something in your cart doesn't reserve the merchandise or lock in the price for you. 

There's a set of Callaway Rouge X irons that I've been looking at and the price has varied by as much as $200. They're not on any kind of sale today. However; the price of security camera I've been interested in has dropped $16. 

Golf Galaxy is having 20% off online today,  not sure if Callaway is included in that,  but theres lots golf discount places,  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I had a air mattress in my cart ,for weeks now  it was$34.00 ,today it is $45.00 !!!

logout clear cookies and try again?

it's been sitting in your cart too long,  

Honored Contributor

Not in the least surprised.  Whenever I read the posts here venting outrage about the games they accuse QVC of, I always wonder where they've found to shop that doesn't have to be watched carefully.  For sure, Amazon has its prices on a rolling ladder -  they do it with their own offerings, the many vendors who use the Amazon platform do it, and so do myriad other of the places where I shop.

Sometime last year (I think) I read an article about the PD deals -  here's a surprise    --  the best deals according to that writer tend to be the Amazon products that make it easy for Prime members to shop even more than they already do.   

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest    Hope you bought that mattress when it was cheaper. Today it is not a prime buy.

Honored Contributor

I just got a cat tree for my cats that'll be here on Wednesday. It was $51.09 for a good sized one with very good ratings, so we'll see if they like it. It's the Amazons Basic Extra Large Cat Tree Tower with Condo. It's 56.3" tall with a  23.6" X19.3" base. It's got 215 customer reviews with a rating of 4.5 stars. The price is hard to beat and with free shipping it's too good to pass up. Now my crazy cats better like it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!