Honored Contributor

Re: Prime Pantry Items on Amazon????

[ Edited ]

@CLEM wrote:

I have just attemptem to order an item costing $68.29.  Amazon added:  Prime Pantry is to 7.2% full and they wanted to charge me an additional over $70.00. 

I was not able to order what I wanted without this.  Can anyone tell me what this is/means? 

Because you were only 7.2% full, so  they charged you the regular shipping charge.  It's no secret, they have the video that explains how Prime Pantry works and when you shop Prime Pantry, there is that "ticker tape banner" that tell's you when to expect delivery, how long you have to add things to your box and how close you are to the 100%.  I only use Prime Pantry when I'm stocking up so I don't know  about the 5 items.  I just go with the percentage.  It's so easy and nothing is left to chance.  If it's availabe in your area Prime Now might have been better for you since you weren't buying much but with Prine Now, you must spend $20.  Prime Now delivers within 1-2 hours. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your helpful answers.  I went in and ordered and paid the $5.99.  My order total was over $70.00 and I do have Prime.

What is Prime Now?  I don't need the item fast; never order anything I need within a few hours.

I am still confused, but I was able to order the item.

Honored Contributor

When you "check out" on Amazon..........there are several shipping boxes to choose from.    I always check the "Free - 7 to 10 days"............I'm not in a hurry to get the various products in my order.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I don't do pantry items but I rather pay a little more to get the one time order with free shipping and no minimum order as s prime member.