Honored Contributor

Re: Prime Day--Will It Mostly be Off-Brand Duds Again?

@willdob3 wrote:

@sassenach1 

Enjoy your bargains!

I do love Amazon and Prime. I just wish Prime Day was more user friendly.

My non-Prime Day purchase arrived today, too. Nice to get things quickly.

I agree it could be a bit more user friendly, but it's not horrible. They typically have a listing of everything that's available with categories you can sort by, including pet supplies, clothing (men, women, children,) electronics, toys, and more. I use that to look up the things I'm interested in and it has three options, one for things now on sale, one for things that have expired, and one for upcoming items. If you know what you want you can generally find out if it's on sale, going on sale, or was on sale.

The exception for me this year was the 4K Fire TV Firestick. I was very surprised not to see any Firestick on sale initially or listed as an upcoming sale, but then I stumbled upon it a few hours into the sale. Either it hadn't been listed earlier, or I'd missed it, but I did eventually find it and grabbed one. It's very nice by the way now that they've integrated a TV remote with power and volume controls into the Fire TV remote. I'm very happy with it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@sassenach1 

Enjoy your bargains!

I do love Amazon and Prime. I just wish Prime Day was more user friendly.

My non-Prime Day purchase arrived today, too. Nice to get things quickly.

I agree it could be a bit more user friendly, but it's not horrible. They typically have a listing of everything that's available with categories you can sort by, including pet supplies, clothing (men, women, children,) electronics, toys, and more. I use that to look up the things I'm interested in and it has three options, one for things now on sale, one for things that have expired, and one for upcoming items. If you know what you want you can generally find out if it's on sale, going on sale, or was on sale.

The exception for me this year was the 4K Fire TV Firestick. I was very surprised not to see any Firestick on sale initially or listed as an upcoming sale, but then I stumbled upon it a few hours into the sale. Either it hadn't been listed earlier, or I'd missed it, but I did eventually find it and grabbed one. It's very nice by the way now that they've integrated a TV remote with power and volume controls into the Fire TV remote. I'm very happy with it.

@gardenman,  I had a similar experience with the Fire 8 tablet.  It was not listed at the sale price until the actual start of Prime Day although many other devices were at sale price the day before.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp 

It surprised me. They had a list of Amazon devices on sale and no Fire Stick was listed. Not early and not on the first part of the early morning. (I got up at four to check and the sale started at 3 AM ET.) I didn't want to pay $79.99 for the Fire TV Cube, so I thought I'd have to wait until Black Friday to grab a Fire Stick on sale. Then around noon, up it popped. It was gone again a few hours later. I was glad I got it when I did, but it was a bit odd how they handled it. Most of their own stuff was up well in advance and stayed up the whole time. Just a few things made shorter appearances. 

I've shopped Prime Day every year, so I typically know what to expect, but they snuck in a few surprises this year. I guess they didn't want to discount their brand new Fire Stick this soon after introduction and just plopped the 4K one on sale for a little bit to test the waters, but it was odd. Anyway, I got what I wanted and I'm happy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!