Honored Contributor

Re: Prime Day--Will It Mostly be Off-Brand Duds Again?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Who has time to sit there all day looking at the lightening deals. 

I sure don't.  Reason why I downloaded an Amazon browser extension that "alerts" me if any of the items in my "cart, save for later & wish list" prices get reduced.

I have only been w/AP for under a year.  So I am a newbie at this.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Im glad Pet Supplies Plus honored Amazon's price!!  What kind of furbaby do you have? 

@Spurt  I have a 15 yr old cat.  My pet items are for a dog (Chi) that I don't have yet. Smiley LOL  I will be starting my adoption search Jan, 2021.   Doesn't look good as I live in a hot zone state & all adoptions are done online-1st come first served.  No in person "look-see."  Thousands of applications.  So hopefully, I'll get an adoptee by Easter 2021 and/or spring.  Whichever comes first. Smiley Tongue

Pet Supplies Plus will match a price from anywhere.  At least they do so in store.  You have to be a "card" holder to get the match.

@Mz iMac 

Awww---hugs to your 15 yr old kitty..🐱Heart....And good luck on your dog adoption.....🐶.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a 10 pack of N95 masks ($17)

and a Himalayan Salt scrub (I had $10 Amazon Prime credit so this cost me $0)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our ancient microwave recently imploded. Sparks and miniature lightning when running it and a strange groaning noise. And no I did not leave a fork in there. So I'm getting a new one on Prime day special for about $60something. Pretty great price. They also had one on sale that you could talk to with your Alexa. I decided I would rather not.

And some large, tall rope baskets I've been wanting to use as bougie clothes hampers. I'm sure there will be more.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered Game of Thrones blu-ray $99 for DH 

he loved this series (except The End episode or season)

he's recently retired    so I'm so Happy!

Honored Contributor

I was able to get stuff I wanted and saved a good amount. I spent around $200 on four items and saved about $160 over what I'd have paid at normal Amazon prices.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I ordered one item yesterday but it wasn’t discounted for Prime Day. There was a 20% off coupon but that is probably always there. 

I work full time and do not have time to pick through the massive amount of items they have looking for something Id like that I’d consider a good deal. Nothing on my wish list was discounted.

Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm posting this without reading through the thread yet.  I know. 

Anyhow, I don't get this whole prime day thing. Who has time to sit there all day looking at the lightening deals.  I started to look through them on my lunch and some were in progress but then some were starting at various times throughout the day.  Huh?  I can't continually go check through all the deals that are running at any given time.

Other items I looked at were not marked down all that much so I'm not sure what the big hype is with this.   

We haven't found it worth it for us either @Lipstickdiva.

Valued Contributor

I found some excellent deals.  The Ticket to Ride game was discounted $25.  RIng exterior video had significant savings.  Kasa light switches were heavilyt discounted.  I ended up ordering 6 -7 things, one of which has already arrived.  

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 

Enjoy your bargains!

I do love Amazon and Prime. I just wish Prime Day was more user friendly.

My non-Prime Day purchase arrived today, too. Nice to get things quickly.