Honored Contributor

Re: Prime Day--Will It Mostly be Off-Brand Duds Again?

[ Edited ]

I'm a Prime member, so maybe I'm seeing deals others aren't. Some gorgeous large rope baskets in my wishlist are on sale. And I see lots of brand names on my main Prime Day page.

I'm surprised and a little concerned that everyone doesn't have access to them: Apple Airpods, Bose, Samsung, Bissell, international and American brands. If you have Prime and are one of the lucky ones with this access and need electronics it's a good time to shop.

Edited to add: Samsung is a South Korean company. So if you buy one of their products you are not buying from China.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@SoX Are you kidding?!  Amazon has a waitlist?!

@faeriemoon 

I kid you not ... I almost fell out of my chair laughing ... and I'm still waiting.

Honored Contributor

1. @gardenman I will hold off buying it for now, mine works perfectly fine. If as it gets closer to the holidays and someone offers it at a stupid crazy deal, I'll buy it.
Honored Contributor

I had something on my wishlist and the price went up on Prime Day! I did use a $10 promotional credit from buying from a small business and the $10 promotional credit for Whole Foods for a total of $20 my groceries that are being delivered today so I'm pretty happy since it's something we need anyway. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered a ring and chime. Something I've wanted for a while and saved $20. Split up in 5 payments. I think it's a score!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

And no sooner did I say they didn't have any Fire Sticks on sale then the 4K Fire Stick went on sale, so I've added that to my order. The sales change all day, so if there's anything you're interested in, keep an eye on it and it may just end up marked down. 

@gardenman  I saw that FS sale.  I am going to wait for their Good Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

My current FS is 2nd gen & cost me $15 at last years Cyber Monday sale.  My first Amazon purchase!

I have 2 tvs.  I recently switched the FS to my bedroom tv as that is where I mostely watch tv in the winter.  If I can get another for $15, that one will go on my living room tv.

You mentioned about your 1st generation was "slow."  Could it be because you are running out of storage space?

It's what I do not like about the 2nd generation....not enough storage space for my liking.  Wish Amazon would make one I could hook up an external drive to add more space.

I think it's more of a processor issue than a storage issue. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Amazon Prime Days---- Jeff Bezos and Co play their pricing games..🙄..  Be sure to comparison shop folks, Amazon doesnt always have the best deals....And they will lower the price on one item, and raise the price on others to make up for it.....

@Spurt  I have "pet" items in my "wish list."  I was just notified by my Amazon browser extension that the price just dropped on one of my items.  I checked Chewy & Pet Supplies Plus to compare & Amazon came out the winner.  I called Pet Supplies Plus & they will honor Amazon's price deal.  They are going to hold the item for me to pick-up tomorrow.

@Mz iMac 

Im glad Pet Supplies Plus honored Amazon's price!!  What kind of furbaby do you have? 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I was looking at the Instant Pot 3 quart size but for $50, I think I can find it cheaper during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales.

I don't know if you're interested in shopping in other places that are also having sales right now.

It seems that many places are trying to compete and are having their own sales days at the same time.

I prefer to shop at Walmart's website as they don't seem to have the same type of shipping problems that I've run into with Amzn.

Anyway, they're also having a sale on kitchen products and they have a 6 qt. Instant Pot on sale for the same price as the one that you're interested in. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm posting this without reading through the thread yet.  I know. 

Anyhow, I don't get this whole prime day thing. Who has time to sit there all day looking at the lightening deals.  I started to look through them on my lunch and some were in progress but then some were starting at various times throughout the day.  Huh?  I can't continually go check through all the deals that are running at any given time.

Other items I looked at were not marked down all that much so I'm not sure what the big hype is with this.   

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Im glad Pet Supplies Plus honored Amazon's price!!  What kind of furbaby do you have? 

@Spurt  I have a 15 yr old cat.  My pet items are for a dog (Chi) that I don't have yet. Smiley LOL  I will be starting my adoption search Jan, 2021.   Doesn't look good as I live in a hot zone state & all adoptions are done online-1st come first served.  No in person "look-see."  Thousands of applications.  So hopefully, I'll get an adoptee by Easter 2021 and/or spring.  Whichever comes first. Smiley Tongue

Pet Supplies Plus will match a price from anywhere.  At least they do so in store.  You have to be a "card" holder to get the match.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif