Honored Contributor

Prime Day--Will It Mostly be Off-Brand Duds Again?

Prime Day was a dud for a lot of people I know last year.  Do you think it will be mostly that way again this year? There were so many off-brand duds in the sale it was a disappointment--at least for my friends. 

Do you have a list?  I don't!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Prime Day--Will It Mostly be Off-Brand Duds Again?

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed as usual,  I will be putting in an order at Whole Foods so I can get the $10 promotional credit. Also Audible, which is owned by amazon is releasing a new book on sale all day today every hour so I'm keeping tabs on that though so far it hasn't been anything I've wanted. 

Honored Contributor

Prime day is awesome. I usually find a few good deals.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

The few items I have in my "wish list" are still priced the same.  None were listed in the pre-sale for Prime members either.

I have an Amazon browser extension that is suppose to alert me to the items in my cart & wish list prices lowers.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

Yes, mostly off-brand Chinese 3rd party seller junk items. Prime Day has been a real bust for the past few years.

Esteemed Contributor

I've already ordered three items at early access lightening deal prices and have my eye on two more that don't start until the early morning hours.  There are a couple of appliances I'm contemplating.  Prime Day is looking good to me.

I have no interest in clothing, accessories or other wearables.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

depends what you want

I got the Audible deal after hemming/hawing for months, it's a really good one

and the WF one

Respected Contributor

Count me underwhelmed. For all the hype, they needed to do more than cut a couple percent off the usual sale price but then compare it to the list that they never sell at. I have over 300 items in the "saved for later" section of my cart, and when I checked, the only price changes were INCREASES.

However, I'm very glad I got some clearance items on HSN yesterday after meeting their free shipping minimum, and a Barbara King terracotta pumpkin that I've wanted from QVC, at a clearance price with no shipping. Qurate wins this one, at least for me.

Honored Contributor

Dud as usual.

One good deal I did see was a Farberware electric coffee pot.  Twelve cup for twenty something dollars.  They have the MSRP listed as seventy something dollars.  However, I don't need or want one.

Anything I have saved in my lists has not been discounted.  

Honored Contributor

I got the Fire TV Recast in their presale and a new winter coat in their sale today. I've got a few things I'm keeping an eye on, but I don't think I'll buy anything else. The coat was one I had on my wishlist and it was $54 marked down to $38 now, so I went ahead and got it. It's a very handy coat for running back and forth to stores and whatnot. The Fire TV Recast gives me DVR capabilities for my TV antenna and would cost me close to that to put together on my own with a digital tuner and hard drive, so it was a good deal also.

I have an old first gen Fire Stick that I'd considered replacing but they didn't mark down their Fire Sticks this time around. They might be saving them for Black Friday. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!