Honored Contributor

@Kachina624      And "the tariffs" are apparently "on again".............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Rising gold prices are usually an indicator of inflation.

@Desertdi 

Exactly! And it's at a record high!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
New Contributor

I totally agree about the prices on QVC.  The prices on clothing items have gotten outrageous and most are not worth it.  I can buy a similar item on sale in a local department store or even a boutique where I can try it on and not pay the high shipping costs QVC has. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi    I didn't know they'd ever gone away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi    I didn't know they'd ever gone away.

@Kachina624    Apparently  tax on  aluminum from Canada has been "reinstated".   "Stuff" seems to change every day, tho(!)     d

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I only buy clothing items when they're on sale.  Even though I could I would never spend $60-$70 for a simple top.  Don't need anything that much that I would pay that price for a polyester top.

I have been thinking the same!  I just saw Susan Graver top on clearance for $40!  No thanks.  FYI, Zulily seems to get a lot of QVC items.  I have seen Vionic shoes, Earth shoes, and a lot of top of the line facial creams on there site for half the price!  Not only the prices, but the shipping/return cost always bothers me.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, prices are increasing everwhere, but not at the same rate as QVC's clothing prices....The Department Stores are tacking on $3 to $5, but QVC tops that were $39 or $49 are now $59 and $70.....QVC needs to STOP comparing themselves to Boutiques and High End Stores (and they arent doing well financially BTW)....and check out whats happening in the REAL market place and the prices where their customers actually shop !!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

When you buy from a shopping network then you're paying for everyone and everything which brought it to that network for you to see it. Then you pay taxes on the s&h on top of that. It all adds up. 

Honored Contributor

Didn't the Fed just announce they weren't going to try to control inflation? Is that a different issue?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr